Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2010, 07:50 PM

Default Waves plugs require frantic window switching

Sometimes when I instantiate a Waves plug (ie. RCompressor) and double click to enter a parameter (ie. threshold) it won't allow any changes. I also can't manually move the threshold, or any parameter, via clicking and dragging.

My "solve" is to click the selection tool within the edit desk. Individually press all modifier keys. Esc. Switch back to mix window. Click on plugin. Still no luck. Close window of plugin. Esc. Switch to another program completely. Come back to Pro Tools. Working now? Maybe.

It doesn't happen every time and obviously the fix is ridiculous mess. Any tips?