Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 09:23 AM

Default XP Outlook error and computer speaker non-function

Once I installed my protools mbox 2 pro today my computer speakers went completely dead. They don't work for anything. I understand wanting to add good speakers and connect them to the Mbox2 for recording and mixing, but I need my computer speakers to work too, especially while I am working online or on other projects on the computer and protools is closed. Advice?

Also once I installed the software it disabled or screwed up microsoft outlook which will not open now. I get an unknown software error "0x0eedfade". I tried restoring to a prior date and I tried opening outlook in safe mode. Nothing works.

Thanks to anyone for any wise guidance on this stuff. Doesn't feel the same having a computer with no e-mail and no sound...
Old 08-11-2007, 10:19 AM

Default Re: XP Outlook error and computer speaker non-function

don't know if this applies to you BUT if you had/have 'AUTOMATIC UPDATE' turned on for XP then your MS OUTLOOK was (probably) updated yesterday. and this update caused some problems for end users. i do tech support on the side and had to help a couple of friends out that found themselves in need of backin' off the update that they did not know took place. hope this helps...mykhal

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 08-11-2007, 11:52 AM

I have no wise guidance for you, but Googling "0x0eedfade" let me to this solution for Internet Explorer producing this error. I wonder if this has to do with applications fading in and out?

"1. Disable Addons. If you have Windows XP SP2, go to Tools > Add-on Manager, and uncheck the addons."

As for your computer speakers, isn't that a matter of Control Panel/Sounds/Audio Tab and toggling between your devices as needed?

Thanks,
Greg
AMD Radeon HD 6570
2 WDC WD10EURX-63FH1Y0
www.soundchasm.com
Old 09-03-2010, 05:25 PM

Since the OP gave almost zero information, I will assume no prior Pro Tools/PC knowledge and remind him/her of a few things. Posting a Sandra report as described here:
Help us help you - what you need to know before posting!
will generate much better advice. IE8 is a known problem on XP with Pro Tools. Keeping your recording computer off the internet is a wise move(although I realize not everyone can afford this). Auto-updates need to be turned off. How you install the software is critical and you MUST follow the install instructions in the Getting Started Guide(ie, if you just attached the interface, popped in the disk and let Windows do "its thing", then you may need to uninstall PT and start over again. The guide also has several system tweaks that MUST be done if you hope to actually be able to use Pro Tools. Sometimes USB Mboxes work best on certain USB ports(and sometimes don't work at all on certain ports). There's lots more to learn, but until we have more details, this can wait.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave