Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 12-21-2012, 09:11 PM

Default Can't hear Youtube after disconnecting fast track c400

As the title says, youtube audio does not work after unplugging my fast track c400. Other system volume works and windows media player too. I think it might be something to do with adobe flash player because I believe that is what youtube uses right?

My computer is a Toshiba Satellite c850 with windows 7 home premium.

If I restart everything goes back to normal but surely this isn't something I need to do every time is it?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Can't hear Youtube after disconnecting fast track c400

I had the same problem several times. I use WinXP but its may be similar.
In the first instance it happened; I had my speakers hooked up to the C400, so when I turned of the c400 I lost all sound, solution? reconnect speakers to on-board sound.
In the second instance, my system sound preferences failed to detect the internal sound on my pc after I turned off the C400.
I had been testing several other types of audio DAW demo software and one of them disabled my internal audio.
Solution...I went back into the audio settings from the device/control panel and made sure internal sound was selected; the sound came back.

I'm ended up using m-audio for all sound and left it as a default audio device.
I still haven't found a workaround. I'm still trying out several DAW's so there is no point in switching to internal audio.
I'm still trying to find the forum on this web site that provides direct support for C400.

I hope you find a better reply, I'm still new here.