Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2009, 06:24 PM

Default How to copy Plug In Settings from one computer to another?

I have waves on computer #1; It has many custom settings which can be found by clicking on the load button.
I just purchased computer #2, and have installed protools and the wave plugins- now I want to be able to access all the previous customized settings i created for the waves plugins in computer #1 on computer #2.
Any one know which file I copy from #1 to #2??
Thank You.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:17 PM

Default Re: How to copy Plug In Settings from one computer to another?

I THINK that this location : HD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plugin Settings is where your presets and your customized presets will be saved. I believe if you want to copy them to another computer, you should be able to simply copy the one(s) you want to a flash drive etc, and put them in the same folder mentioned above, on the 2nd computer. If this isn't correct, maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydunham View Post
I THINK that this location : HD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plugin Settings is where your presets and your customized presets will be saved. I believe if you want to copy them to another computer, you should be able to simply copy the one(s) you want to a flash drive etc, and put them in the same folder mentioned above, on the 2nd computer. If this isn't correct, maybe someone else can chime in.
That's my school of thought too.
S6 M10
SSL Duality, AWS924, AWS948, Nucleus
All Mac
Old 02-11-2009, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydunham View Post
I THINK that this location : HD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plugin Settings is where your presets and your customized presets will be saved
Yes, it's the default way to save plug-in settings and I believe that Pro Tools don't authorize you to choose another.
I don't know Waves plugs but if they are like TL Space, for example, then you have a special file where your preset are.
In most cases HD>Library>Aplication Support

Good luck
Old 02-11-2009, 09:37 AM

Thank you all for your responses-
I am aware of those locations, but the specific file?
I haven't clicked on a file/folder that specifically has all the settings there
that I programmed-
Do you guys know which specific file?
Thank you again-
Old 02-11-2009, 10:37 AM

I don't have the Waves plugins myself, but I would think the process for saving them would be the same. I just opened a session, used the default PT EQ 3.0 and saved an EQ setting as "TEST." Under HD>Library>App Support>Digidesign>Plugin Settings>EQ 3.0 I now see the same setting I saved within Pro Tools. It sounds like you just need to find the correct folder where your waves plugins are and the settings you save SHOULD be in there. I don't see why any plugins would be in a different location than the one listed above. Hope this helps.