Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2011, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Avid lets 200 people go :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_uk View Post
Its unfathomable how a company that wants you to invest in their products now and in the future, can suddenly remove a support personnel.
I,m not even sure that you can shoot Avid an e-mail now, i did a quick search earlier and gave up after navigating around in circles. I did get directed to the "buy a support ticket' page tho.
And with DTS gone... how can we expect any direct contact at all, other than to tell us that their prices are perfectly reasonable?

LET'S NOT FORGET WHAT HAS BEEN DONE OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS, JUST BECAUSE MAX COMES DOWN TO TELL US EVERYTHING IS FINE.

IF WE IGNORE/FORGET THAT AVID IS TOSSING HARD WORKING PEOPLE OUT THE WINDOW, THEY WILL JUST CONTINUE ON IGNORING US.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 10-27-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post
I thought his name was Brent?

Regardless of name(s), I hope everything works out in the end for DTS.
You're thinking of Brent Heber, another ex-Avid employee that, like me, can't stay away from the DUC. We've got 'support' in our blood - we actually LIKE helping people.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
You're thinking of Brent Heber, another ex-Avid employee that, like me, can't stay away from the DUC. We've got 'support' in our blood - we actually LIKE helping people.
Hey KC? Is that you? Nice handle.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 10-27-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Good to see a new name around here.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 10-27-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Hang in there KC! Looks like your former CEO likes "bonuses" over the well being of his employees.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-27-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
As far as KC(DTS) goes, that man has done more for you behind the scenes within the PT community than you'll ever know. I can attest to that. I can also attest that he's gone WAY WAY beyond the call of duty with his job. Way beyond. If you only really knew, but you don't. Your most public individual in the community is definitely not one to let go in the midst of the pricing riot you created. I doubt you'll find a better individual for this community. You clearly don't realize how much of a public resource KC really is to you. You better reconsider and reinstate

Reinstate DTS.
+1

Pro Tools | latest
Mac Mini Server | OSX | Current
16GB Ram | SSHD
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt
Old 10-27-2011, 09:47 PM

Post Re: Avid lets 200 people go :(

Quote:
It was actually Brent R (in Tech Support) that used to do the bulk of posts as DigiTechSupt back around Y2K.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
It was actually Brent R (in Tech Support) that used to do the bulk of posts as DigiTechSupt back around Y2K.

Bruce P still around? I haven't heard from him lately

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 10-27-2011, 10:13 PM

Hey K, my own homage to you here http://www.airusersblog.com/home-pag...it-get-an.html

Be strong!

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
Hey K, my own homage to you here http://www.airusersblog.com/home-pag...it-get-an.html

Be strong!
Nice one, Russ. I cannot imagine the DUC going away, but if it does, I think the traffic will go to your Protoolers blog and Gearslutz. There needs to be a place to consolidate all the info and someone who gives a crap about PT. Avid clearly doesn't, but it would be height of stupidity and arrogance if they let the DUC go south.