Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 10-25-2019, 01:55 PM

Default Beware Pro Tools Update

Hi, I recently updated to Pro Tool 12. I now find that I have lost all my RTAS plugins "music prod toolkit, DV toolkit and Grack". Does anyone have any ideas on how to get them back, or converted to AAX. I saw on the Avid website that if you already own the plugins on RTAS the upgrade is on us. However this does not apply to bundled plugins.
So a warning to others who are planning to upgrade.
I realy hate the subscription idea but it seems to me the only way to replace them is by coughing up US$50 a year. Realy miss my old plugins and none of my older sessions open properly.
Here is hoping that Avid relise that there should be an amnesty to update RTAS to AAX for a small fee.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Beware Pro Tools Update

Please list the RTAS plug-ins you need that you feel are unavailable as AAX.

And, It doesn't hurt to keep an installation of PT10 around for older session compatibility.

RTAS was replaced by AAX more than 6 years ago, and a few were dropped and not converted, but most were updated for little or no fee.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-25-2019, 02:40 PM

Whats a ”Grack” ??

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-25-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Whats a ”Grack” ??
I guess he means a "G-rack".

That's like a g-spot, but in a rack.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:26 PM

Hi, The plug ins are not unavailable, they can all be replaced, the point is the cost for something I already own. I bit the bullet and took out the subscription on the Avid complete bundle,and now have them back at the cost of $50 per year. I could have transfered them, one buy one (to my new Ilok, $50 to replace the two that I already owned and are now Obsolete) at a cost of $25 per Item.
I don't own PT10. I refused to pay a yearly subscription so I did not upgrade from PT 8, it was not broke so I did not fix it.
The plugins I needed were TL space, (got most of it back but have not found a way to load my older IR libraries0. Smack, Mooger Fooger delay and TelRay delay.
I am not happy about Reason no longer working with Rewire, I am hoping that the Propheads will deliver an AAX version.
Grack is the Guitar Rack bundle with amp modelling and other distortion and FX though I did not use it much.
I am retired and living on an age pension, so I cannot easily recoup the cost of replacing everything.
I think Avid could have been more helpful with their support, and I also think their website is geared more towards sales than customer care, they just seem to redirect you to the sales pages rather than providing info on their products.
In short, they have the best recording DAW, and I have been using PT since the early 90s, and am very happy with the product, my issue is paying again for what I already have.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Barton Australia View Post
... am very happy with the product, my issue is paying again for what I already have.
I feel your pain but at some point we must replace old tech - just like an old car or old pair of shoes that you "already have". Hopefully, you'll enjoy a long run with your updated rig!!!
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume
Old 10-27-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
... most were updated for little or no fee.
I am currently struggling with IK Multimedia's update fee. I own the RTAS "Total Studio Deluxe" bundle, and they charge $330 to get the AAX version. That's pricey - just for a plug-format change. It should be free or $100...
Click for resume
Old 10-27-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS View Post
I am currently struggling with IK Multimedia's update fee. I own the RTAS "Total Studio Deluxe" bundle, and they charge $330 to get the AAX version. That's pricey - just for a plug-format change. It should be free or $100...
That does sound expensive.

Just curious... Was this simply an RTAS to AAX update, or a complete version update with added features?

Either way though, I'm not sure Avid could do anything to control pricing of 3rd party updates. I think the OP was referring primarily to the availability and cost of Avid plug-ins, was he not?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-27-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
That does sound expensive.

Just curious... Was this simply an RTAS to AAX update ...
They might have added a tweak or a sample or two, but for the most part just RTAS--->AAX...
Click for resume