Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-26-2003, 08:30 PM

Default What plugins for tube/analogue channel sounds

I've only just bought my 002 Rack and I'm looking for some extra plugins to achieve something more analogue etc in my recordings. I'm just interested in finding out what other people are using.

I'm currently using an 01v96 for it's 12 preamps and the 002 preamps. I'm definitely looking at getting at least one or two good quality tube preamps at some point soon also.

I've read a little about Antares Tube and also T-Racks 24. I quite like the T-Racks EQ that came with my 002 but I'm not sure if the full plugin is worth it.

Any ideas?

Reality is for people who can't handle Simulation
Old 10-27-2003, 05:43 AM

Default Re: What plugins for tube/analogue channel sounds

I've got a great one, and it's not all that expensive. Get yourself an Otari (or other brand) 1/4" 2 track analog machine off ebay for a couple hundred dollars. Then, whenever you need some "analog", just route your track out of a 002 output and run it through the analog machine while it's recording and set on the repro head, and route it back into PT and record it to a new track. You'll need to nudge the new track earlier in time once it's recorded to compensate for the 002 output latency, as well as the delay from the repro head, but once you calculate the delay times, you'll know it for all future uses.

Of course, if you strictly want plugins, try Anatares' Tube, it's interesting (for a plugin, that is).
Old 10-27-2003, 06:13 AM

Default Re: What plugins for tube/analogue channel sounds

Well the renaissance collection from waves is sapposed to add more warmth to your sound. I also really like the blue tubes collection of pluggins available from www.nomadfactory.com I thought that PSP was going to be comming out with a RTAS version of their tube type pluggins but i don't know if this is true.