Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 10-03-2006, 06:59 AM

Default Help: Display of MIDI notes too small to use

After working with Xpand for quite a few weeks now - and perfectly enjoyably at that - I suddenly find that the instrument track with the Xpand drums on it is showing the normally 'fat' notes as razor-thin lines. These things are, of course, difficult to take hold of and move around. Also, the vertical keyboard display at the edge which normally shows about half an octave or so of keys is now showing the entire range of keys, all crammed up. How did I get here?? More important, how do I get out of here?

I don't use MIDI that much, so this is probably something very basic. Will appreciate help. (I couldn't find much help in either the Preferences settings or the Reference Guide, though). Thanks in advance.

Intel Mac (20" iMac), PT LE 7.1.1
Old 10-05-2006, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Help: Display of MIDI notes too small to use

hiya.. there's 4 rectangular buttons next to the tools in the top left of the screen and one of those controls the vertical zoom of the midi tracks. if you hover over with the mouse the bottom of the rectangle will say 'zoom in midi' and the top will say 'zoom out midi' (or something very similar). Hope this helps!
GinGin
Old 10-07-2006, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Help: Display of MIDI notes too small to use

Thanks a lot. That worked. The great thing about this forum is the way people like you are willing to help. Thanks again.