Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2008, 08:13 PM

Default Help ! Pro Tools Won't Load

Hello,

My set-up is ProTools LE (002R) 7.4cs7 running on a Mac G5 2.5 (OS10.4.8) with Waves Platinum Native 5.0

The Problem I'm having is when loading Pro Tools , it hangs up at " Setting up Peripherals" and does not load. I removed the digidesgn plugin folder to the desktop and tried to load PT again. Pro Tools loads without the plugin folder. I then went through each plugin and determine that the problem was the Waves plugins in the digi folder. When I remove the 3(Shells) that were in the folder , Pro Tools Loads with no problem.

I have not done any upgrades to Waves since 2/4/08 when tech support assisted me in removing and reinstalling the Waves software ,as I had a problem when I did a upgraded to PT 7.4. I have not had any problems with Pro Tools loading or with Waves plugins since then.The only program
that is new is, ToonTrack Superior 2.0 , but I did remove that from the plugin folder and PT still didn't load.

Can anyone tell me what I can Check or what could possibly be the problem with the Waves Plugs that it is preventing Pro Tools from loading? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank You
Tom
Old 10-05-2008, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Help ! Pro Tools Won't Load

A few questions for you...

When the waves folder is in the plugin folder, does it load the waveshells? When you get to "Setting up Peripherals" you're past the plugin loading stage. Do you have anything connected, maybe some type of control surface? If you can get Pro Tools to load, go into your peripherals window and see if you have anything checked (mainly on the last two tabs under MIDI and Ethernet Controllers).
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8
Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jre3132 View Post
A few questions for you...

When the waves folder is in the plugin folder, does it load the waveshells? When you get to "Setting up Peripherals" you're past the plugin loading stage. Do you have anything connected, maybe some type of control surface? If you can get Pro Tools to load, go into your peripherals window and see if you have anything checked (mainly on the last two tabs under MIDI and Ethernet Controllers).
Thanks for the reply!

There are 3 WaveShells in the Digi Plug-in folder .I only see 1 Waveshell (5.4.5) load, not sure if thats all it is suppose to load. I also have a Command8 and it is set-up in the peripherals window, nothing else is checked.

Do you know how many Waveshells are suppose to be in the Digi folder?
Also there is a Waves Shell folder located in Applications>Waves. Do have any idea,how many shells should be in that folder? There seems to be alot.

Thanks again
Tom
Old 12-11-2016, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by session48 View Post
Thanks for the reply!

There are 3 WaveShells in the Digi Plug-in folder .I only see 1 Waveshell (5.4.5) load, not sure if thats all it is suppose to load. I also have a Command8 and it is set-up in the peripherals window, nothing else is checked.

Do you know how many Waveshells are suppose to be in the Digi folder?
Also there is a Waves Shell folder located in Applications>Waves. Do have any idea,how many shells should be in that folder? There seems to be alot.

Thanks again
Tom
I'm having the same Problem, Did anyone get this solved?
Old 12-11-2016, 12:23 AM

That post is 8 years old so hopefully it is solved by now

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————