Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2016, 12:04 AM

Default 003 dead, then back to life

Heya. long time listener, first time caller..

Anyway, today i came into the studio and turned on my 003 Rack to find it not wanting to turn on..

I checked the power, and power point.. i did all the usual diagnostic.. nothing would work. it was just dead.

finally, i unscrewed it from the rack and started pulling out the plugs to bring it up on the work bench.

as i was doing so, then all of a sudden, it comes back to life.

I have had a 002 for the past 10 years and its been rock solid.. and i have had this 003 for about 3 months, and its been solid since i got it.. except for today.

my setup

I have all the ins and outs patched to a behringer patchbay set to THRU, I have a Yamaha o1v running SPDIF into the SPDIF IN, I have midi in and out, monitors and an auxillary in

nothing that really should be out of the ordinary for the 003

i guess im wondering if anyone has any experiences/ideas on what might be happening here..

and whether this is something serious