Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 03:02 PM

Default Error -9128 \"CPU Usage Limit\" - What? How? Why?

I was using PTLE 5.2.1cs1 with OS 9 (Classic) and kept running into an issue: Not much plug-in processing power. I only had 512 MB DDR DIMM RAM installed, and Pro Tools LE worked fine but it was so easy to chew up CPU system resources with plug-ins. So I just installed three more 512 MB sticks to get the RAM up to 2 GB. You'd think I should be smokin' with processing power now, right?

I launched one of my sessions that was particularly taxing on the system and added one more plug-in to see how much more I could now load down the new RAM. Instantly, the -9128 error came up. It's as if Pro Tools doesn't see the new memory at all! Why? How could that be?

I researched the answerbase and made sure ALL of my settings for EVERYTHING (they mention) are at the recommended settings. But I'm not getting anywhere. No progress. I did get an email out to and back from tech support who gave me suggested memory settings for the DAE and Pro Tools program, but no change. They think I may have maxed out my computer's performance abilities - how is that possible? Can that be true too?

Can ANYONE out there help me? It seems impossible that I've somehow maxed out my system resources. My computer sees the additional memory, but Pro Tools and the dreaded DAE are not playing nice-nice. Someone else out here in the forum must have run into this. Someone else out there must have heard of this issue/problem.

Any help would be so appreciated!

Growlyman
[email protected]
Mac g4 dual 867 mHz processor system
Old 07-22-2006, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Error -9128 \"CPU Usage Limit\" - What? How? Why?

This is an invitation to Digidesign to step in and provide their thoughts on this topic. I've researched this thread now to find a number of posts that report similar problems, but no solutions listed. Can the Digidesign moderator step in on this thread please?

Growlyman