Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-10-2008, 04:12 PM

Default TL Spaces Native

I feel really stupid about this, but I've got TL Spaces Native installed and working (I got the Music Production Toolkit for my LE system), but it has very few presets in it. I put the CD-ROM back in and I went to the 'TL Space IR Library' folder, and inside there are different reverbs than are currently there when I go into the plug-in. I'm not sure how to get these to show up in the plug-in. There isn't a 'setup' or an 'install' icon of any sort. I also tried going into the plug-in, to 'edit' and to 'import other IR folder,' and when I do, the name of the folder shows up, but nothing shows up when I click on the arrow. What do I need to do to get my other reverb options working? Thanks for your help. Let me know if I need to provide more information.
www.ruffmixstudio.com

Computer Specs:
Custom built PC
Windows 7 Home 64-bit
6GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
160GB SATA HD, 320GB SATA HD (both Seagate Baracuda 7200)
500GB Western Digital Black Caviar SATA HD
ProTools 9.0.6 & MBox2 Mini
Old 03-10-2008, 04:43 PM

Default Re: TL Spaces Native

There's a separate CD with all the impulses on it.
There'll be a Windows version and a Mac version.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:15 PM

The ver that comes with MPToolkit is not the full ver. hence the name Native. Could this be what you're referring to?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:46 PM

The CD is the one that was in the box labeled Music Production Toolkit. What is on it I tried to describe above. Inside the TL Space IR Library folder is a series of folders (and in parenthesis, the number of programs in each folder: Chambers (3), churches (6), Digital reverbs (5), effects (9), extras (3), halls (4), plates (1), etc. I just don't know how to load the programs into the plug-in, itself. Or, I suppose I could be mistaken...does the TL Space Native version that comes with the Music Production Toolkit only come with 10 or so different reverbs? All I did when I first installed was go to the "Plug-in Installers" folder and click on "TL Space Native Setup." I just saw something else that might work..."Additional Files" -> "Legacy Software" -> "6.x Plug-in Installers" -> "TL Space Native Installer XP 1.1.2r6" Is that what I want? Thanks for your help.
www.ruffmixstudio.com

Computer Specs:
Custom built PC
Windows 7 Home 64-bit
Old 03-10-2008, 08:51 PM

There should be two CDs (or at least, there were two CDs with my MPT). The first has the program, and the second has the IR libraries. When you put the IR libraries disc in your computer it should bring up an install menu to install the libraries.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
There should be two CDs (or at least, there were two CDs with my MPT). The first has the program, and the second has the IR libraries. When you put the IR libraries disc in your computer it should bring up an install menu to install the libraries.
All right, now I'm pissed...I ranted the other day on how long it took me to look for the products that were supposed to come with MPToolkit, download and install and how ILok was down for 18 hours so I couldn't authorize. Apparently it's alright to pay $500 for something, walk out the door and you're on your own! No disk, no instructions just a card with a license number!
Old 03-11-2008, 01:17 PM

OK, I'm really not getting this either yjacket2000. Have you had any better luck? Since I didn't get any install disk's with MPToolkit, I've done some searching and found www.digidesign.com/tlspace/impulselibrary and there are 11 folders with approximately 6 files in each. Am I to understand I need to download each folder, open a PT session/TLSpace, and install each file separately? Thats about 66 installs and on two computers would take approximately 10 hours! Please someone tell me there's a simpler way!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:25 PM

Well that took most of my day downloading, unzipping, and installing each file, one at a time. Now I've got another one for you, does sound replacer come with any samples or do you just have to create your own catalog and point to it when replacing?
Old 03-12-2008, 04:26 PM

I haven't had any luck...but I want to talk to a friend of mine who might have an answer, but I won't be able to do that until tomorrow morning at the earliest. I'll try to post what I find out.

BTW, the MPToolkit I got a couple weeks ago came with one CD (the Trillium Lane Labs CD that has all the TL plug-ins on it, though I can only download Spaces Native because that's what I'm authorized for) and all of the other programs (Smack, Sound Replacer, etc.) all come on the 7.3 disk that came with the MBox Mini.

Any one else like to chime in on this?!?!
www.ruffmixstudio.com

Computer Specs:
Custom built PC
Windows 7 Home 64-bit
Old 03-12-2008, 07:29 PM

Thats what I've been complaining about! Apparently you have to install these presets one at a time.?.?!! I've been looking for an easier way but can't find one.
1. Open a session, Open TLSpace from AudioSuite, in the upper/righthand corner of the TL window rightclick and hold while sellecting "install TL Space Package." If your MPToolkit came with a TL Disk you can open each folder in the library and install each file one at a time. If you think that's going to take forever, just think, I had to download and unzip each one. ****** ridiculous! (Please forgive me if I'm doing this wrong but I have no disk or instructions.)

If you find any samples for SoundReplacer, let me know. Thanks!