Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2011, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Bounce to disk latency

Sounds like you are having the issue described HERE.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:15 AM

I have read a few of the replies to this thread and am not sure how much this info will help you

You can make all your other tracks inactive which will only leave you with latency on your active track/s, in a lots of cases the track you want to bounce has no latency at all but if it does just use one of the previously suggested nudging solutions when you re-import your bounced track

This approach has helped me with making drum samples for Structure, often times I have Boom fattening up a kick, Snare or some other sound and I would rather have the blend of those sounds as one sample, other tracks in the project will at times create latency even the master track has created this effect depending on what plugins I have on it I would temporarily migrate those plugins on the master to another track, make that track inactive as well as the other tracks that are creating latency,
the tracks that are blending to make a new sample I bus them to an audio track, record them to that track and I have a new sample, if no latency was on the tracks that were blending they will record to pro tools in perfect timing if latency occurs erase the silence at the start if the sample, create loop markers at the start and end of the sample or just bring it to the start of the session, make the blending tracks inactive, bounce the new sample out of pro tools and just like that a new kick, hi-hat or whatever sample with no latency.

I am on a mac and not sure how this would play out on a PC

This reply might be in late for all those that have already participated in this post, but for others coming in late like myself this may be helpful
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software OS X 10.10.3
Old 08-18-2014, 11:00 AM

Not trying to be a Smart Ass but all this can be avoided by using a wonderful device made by Alesis. The Alesis masterlink ml9600. You transfer your completed mix in real time and , if you want to or haven't already done so in Pro Tools, it has basic mastering such as EQ, Normalize, Compression and Limiting. You can print a cd right in the box and when all is completed. Burning the cd takes less than 5 minutes. (NUDGE NUDGE).
Old 08-18-2014, 04:28 PM

It blows my mind that this discussion is even necessary in the year 2014. I've pointed out ADC issues for quite a while. Avid, please, your ADC is a joke! Please fix this!!!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinghits View Post
It blows my mind that this discussion is even necessary in the year 2014. I've pointed out ADC issues for quite a while. Avid, please, your ADC is a joke! Please fix this!!!!!
My feelings EXACTLY. There is no way i waste my time fighting this. Back to logic