Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2004, 02:28 PM

Default loop sync problem

My setup is:
HD system with two 192's, Accel card, 2.0 Ghz G5 Mac with 4 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.3.3, Logic Audio 6 Pro 6.4.2, Digi Coreaudio 6.4. One 192 (the primary one) is synced from an Aardsync wordclock (44.1) to it's loops sync in, it's loop sync out goes to the loop sync in of the other 192. This was working before, but I recently moved this studio and rewired everything. I must have switched the primary and secondary boxes around, and now they won't sync to the Aardsync. I've tried three different BNC cables and outputs from the Aardsync for word clock. I know the Aardsync works because other boxes are synced to it, and, in order to get around this problem, I'm syncing an Eventide box to the word clock on the Aardsysnc, and then syncing the 192's via AES/EBU to that (so they ARE getting sync from the Aardsync, but indirectly). I've tried switching the WC to the secondary 192 instead, makes no difference - every time I try to set up the sync to external word clock, I get the message "your hardware has no sync". What could I be doing wrong?
Old 07-04-2004, 05:39 PM

Default Re: loop sync problem

Quote:
My setup is:
HD system with two 192's, Accel card, 2.0 Ghz G5 Mac with 4 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.3.3, Logic Audio 6 Pro 6.4.2, Digi Coreaudio 6.4. One 192 (the primary one) is synced from an Aardsync wordclock (44.1) to it's loops sync in, it's loop sync out goes to the loop sync in of the other 192. This was working before, but I recently moved this studio and rewired everything. I must have switched the primary and secondary boxes around, and now they won't sync to the Aardsync. I've tried three different BNC cables and outputs from the Aardsync for word clock. I know the Aardsync works because other boxes are synced to it, and, in order to get around this problem, I'm syncing an Eventide box to the word clock on the Aardsysnc, and then syncing the 192's via AES/EBU to that (so they ARE getting sync from the Aardsync, but indirectly). I've tried switching the WC to the secondary 192 instead, makes no difference - every time I try to set up the sync to external word clock, I get the message "your hardware has no sync". What could I be doing wrong?
You should have your Aardsync Word Clock Out attached to the Word Clock In of the first 192. The Loop Sync out of the first 192 should be attached to the Loop Sync in of the next 192 and so on for all 192s. The Loop Sync out of the last 192 should be attached to the Loop Sync in of the first 192 (creating a loop). In hardware setup, the first 192 should have External clock selected, and you should be locked.

I hope this helps.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:02 AM

Default Re: loop sync problem

Quote:
You should have your Aardsync Word Clock Out attached to the Word Clock In of the first 192. The Loop Sync out of the first 192 should be attached to the Loop Sync in of the next 192 and so on for all 192s. The Loop Sync out of the last 192 should be attached to the Loop Sync in of the first 192 (creating a loop). In hardware setup, the first 192 should have External clock selected, and you should be locked.

Thanks! The ext clock input says 1x256 - will that only accept super clock, or will it accept word clock too? The Aardsync has superclock, but that didn't seem to work either.