Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-05-2004, 09:05 PM

Default Dual 2.5 GHz G5s shipping \"on or before Aug 20th\"

For those interested in the new dual 2.5 G5 Power Macs, thought I'd pass along recent news about shipment. One of my friends got an e-mail from Apple saying demand has been incredible and that they are shipping as quickly as possible but can't meet date previously estimated (originally end of July ship). "We now expect to ship your Power Mac on or before August 20th", Apple's note said.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Dual 2.5 GHz G5s shipping \"on or before Aug 20

Quote:
One of my friends got an e-mail from Apple saying demand has been incredible and that they are shipping as quickly as possible but can't meet date previously estimated (originally end of July ship).
I was about to order a dual 2GHz (backordered 2-3 weeks) today and I was told by my Apple dealer that the 2.5s are delayed because of issues with the liquid cooling system. What exactly those issues are, no one is willing to say.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Dual 2.5 GHz G5s shipping \"on or before Aug 20th\"

For the people who ordered the Dual 2.5 when it was announced and shortly afterwards, some machines have already arrived. I am waiting until Digi approves it or says they haven't found any problems before I order mine.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:07 AM

Quote:
I was told by my Apple dealer that the 2.5s are delayed because of issues with the liquid cooling system. What exactly those issues are, no one is willing to say.
I would suggest getting a new apple dealer, he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, 2.5 G5s have been shipping since Aug 1.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I was told by my Apple dealer that the 2.5s are delayed because of issues with the liquid cooling system. What exactly those issues are, no one is willing to say.
I would suggest getting a new apple dealer, he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, 2.5 G5s have been shipping since Aug 1.
Just got off phone with my local Apple Store. They claim that the 2.5s have not shipped yet, but that they would begin shipping next week. Hard to tell who to believe -- the Apple e-mail, the Apple store rep or others (yes, I've heard of some who have received theirs already). But in any case, general shipment and availability of the 2.5s appears imminent now...
Old 08-07-2004, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:
One would presume if Apple is having problems that it is because the early units have been receiving complaints or material stock is low for the liquid cooling system. I never said they haven't started shipping, just that they are delayed.
Old 08-07-2004, 05:22 PM

I ordered one 2 weeks ago and customized a lot of things in it during the buying process. My order status says it will ship on or before 9/10/04. That's a pretty long wait for an order placed the last week of July but I'm sure it'll be amazing when it arrives.
Pro Audio Sales/Consulting
http://www.audiolot.com

Follow AudioLot on Facebook