Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2014, 11:54 AM

Default PT 11.1.2 HD Native can't save session

I keep getting a "can't save while translating I/o" error message. If I trash preferences, and re-open, can save just fine. Seems to be tied to certain session that I changed the I/O set-up in. Been having this issue every since I inadvertently tried to open PT, and didn't have the OMNI I/O turned on. Same thing in PT 10.3.8 As long as I trash preferences, I can save the session. If I close and open another session, I get the "can't save while translating I/O" message. I paid for a support ticket this weekend, but, of course, AVID support only answers the phone while I'm at work....I am running a i7 w/ 32 g/s RAM, W7 pro...and no, it's not my machine, MoBo, memory, optimization, etc., so please don't troll my post and say "submit a Sandra report"...it worked fine before the "OMNI I/O power up" incident. I have already tried un-installing, re-installing, re-setting the OMNI for factory specs, etc....I've been using PT since v. 7 (first version that worked with the m-audio stuff I use to use), but I am getting [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing sick of AVID's lack of support. I purchased PT 11 HD as soon as it was available, but still do almost everything in 10, because none of my UAD or Massey or Slate plugs work in 11 (well, a couple of the Slate plugs do).
Sorry to vent, but I am looking for any ideas here, or fixes, so I can tell AVID I would like my $80 back, and so I don't have to take time of of work to try and get phone support...why aren't they open on the weekend, anyway??
Old 02-02-2014, 08:45 PM

Default Re: PT 11.1.2 HD Native can't save session

I'm on a Mac, and if I try to open Protools with my Omni turned off, it simply says "no HD interface found, please connect an HD interface, or select another interface". Usually I do this purposely if I want to test something using the Mac's built in output or something like that.

This does not help you with your problem, but I just mention that so you know that launching Protools with you Omni turned off should not in any way cause any problems under normal circumstances.

I don't want you to think that you did something wrong by doing that.

Hopefully a Windows person can offer some specific help.