Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2011, 06:33 AM

Default ASIO device changes...

I have recently installed Pro Tools 9 on a brand new CPU runing windows 7 and more than enough computing power. My interface is a Liquid Sapphire 56. Will running protools i get the message:

"ASIO device properties have been changed by the device control panel. Pro Tools must be restarted for these changes to take effect. Please restart Pro Tools."

We have updated all drivers and disable all alternative hardware within the CPU. I am feeling like this is strictly a conversational problem between PT9 and the 56. Does anyone know how to disable the "update" or "change" aspect of either PT9 or the 56? I'm thinking if I can diasble the 56 from telling PT9 or if I can disable PT9 from scanning the 56, then the issue could be resovled.

As a further explanation, the message pops up at complete random. It will even pop up with noone at the machine and no processes happening. It popped up last night at the opening screen of PT9 when you are to select whether you want to open a new or existing project.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:35 PM

Default Re: ASIO device changes...

This is also a problem when intentionally changing 3rd party ASIO device properties like latency buffer. PT requires a restart while e.g. Ableton live does not.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:47 AM

Yes.......Avid does need to address the Asio issue for PC. It doesn't really work!

Healing the world through music.................

Sony Vaio Laptop|2 Core P8700 2.53 Ghz 8 Gb Ram|Win8 x64
PT 9.0.6|Cubase 7|Samplitude Pro X|Reason 5|Spectrasonics|Komplete
RME BabyFace|AxiomPro49|Akai LPD8
Old 04-07-2011, 08:48 AM

Not positive this would be your problem, but if your interface is the windows default sound device, and windows sounds are on, you could be having a situation where Windows sound changes sample rate underneath your pro tools session.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:28 AM

I'm having the same problem for a couple of months now. I also use a Windows 7 machine en the Focusrite Liquid 56.
Tried everything (enable system sounds, optimalization tips of AVID, etc.), but nothing helped so far.
It's a known issue at Focusrite, although the Liquid 56 works fine on my system with Cockos Reaper!?

Maybe PT9.0.3 will help!!
Old 05-27-2011, 02:40 AM

I started to get this problem with my Saffire DSP 24 pro - I discovered in my case that it is always the WiFi network driver causing the problem.

I usually have this disabled however had left it on following an update without noticing. Disabling the network adaptor again made the problem go away for me.

The problem can reliably be recreated by turning the adaptor back on so it is not a transient issue - presumably some incompatibility in the drivers somewhere.

Likewise I noted that Reaper doesn't exhibit the same problem regardless of whether or not the wireless adaptor is enabled.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:12 AM

I am running Intel i7 870(8core) 2.90ghz, W7 64bit, 8gig mem and Liquid Saffire 56 and I get those random errors also!!!

I also get the pops and clicks...

I also have to disable my network card to get my iLok to be recognized...

I am going to try and disable my windows internal sound card and see what it does..
Old 06-09-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by useyourwood View Post
I am running Intel i7 870(8core) 2.90ghz, W7 64bit, 8gig mem and Liquid Saffire 56 and I get those random errors also!!!

I also get the pops and clicks...

I also have to disable my network card to get my iLok to be recognized...

I am going to try and disable my windows internal sound card and see what it does..
I have the 24 DSP and I'm getting the errors as well. One weird issue with my system though is that if I disable the network adapter before I run PT, a message comes up saying it can't find my ilok device, like it needs an internet connection to authorize my ilok. It's weird. Something about the network adapter drivers and all that. I've reinstalled so many programs so many times, it's getting old. I need to get my ilok to work without being connected to the internet.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAudio View Post
I have recently installed Pro Tools 9 on a brand new CPU runing windows 7 and more than enough computing power. My interface is a Liquid Sapphire 56. Will running protools i get the message:

"ASIO device properties have been changed by the device control panel. Pro Tools must be restarted for these changes to take effect. Please restart Pro Tools."

We have updated all drivers and disable all alternative hardware within the CPU. I am feeling like this is strictly a conversational problem between PT9 and the 56. Does anyone know how to disable the "update" or "change" aspect of either PT9 or the 56? I'm thinking if I can diasble the 56 from telling PT9 or if I can disable PT9 from scanning the 56, then the issue could be resovled.

As a further explanation, the message pops up at complete random. It will even pop up with noone at the machine and no processes happening. It popped up last night at the opening screen of PT9 when you are to select whether you want to open a new or existing project.
In order to avoid this you have to open the MixControl window BEFORE opening Pro Tools. You then set the sample rate of the session you want to open in Pro tools, and THEN you open Pro Tools and you shouldn't get that happen when you open a session. You'd have to repeat the process however if you later wish to open a session with a different sample rate.

I've got the MixControl set as a startup item now, so it reminds me to set the sample rate before I open PT. Hope that helps
PT10, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Eleven Rack, i7 950 @3.80GHz, Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler, GA-X58A-UD3R, Corsair CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 12GB, SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCIE, Caviar Black 500GB 32MB Cache OS drive, 2x Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache Sata3 (Audio and library), Broadcom BCM94322MC wireless network adapter
W7 - 312 dverbs @ 64 buffer/ 403 dverbs @ 1024
Old 06-17-2011, 02:29 AM
Focusrite

Hi there,

We are aware of some issues with the Saffire range and Pro Tools. We are looking to resolve this in future driver updates (this is currently in our test department so we are looking for a release shortly).

However, it should be possible to achieve a stable system by working through the advice in the following answerbase article:
http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/...le.php?id=1150

If you're unable to achieve a stable system using these techniques then please get in contact with us directly using the contact form on our answerbase and we'll take you through the steps necessary to achieve this.

Joe
Focusrite Tech Support