Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2012, 11:15 AM

Default pt 10 cant detect sample rate error?? help

everytime I try to open a session, I get an error that say protools can't open session because sample rate can not be set to specified value.
The clock is set right , All of my drivers are up to date , I tried reinstalling pt, my audio cards work great in other programs . What gives ?
I have done all the optimizations for pc and my computer has been fully bench tested and is solid. I am using a motu 24i/o and a 2408 with pcie 424 and a gen x lucid master clock.win7 32 bit core I5 intel board 4gigs ram.anyone??
Old 04-26-2012, 12:29 PM

Default Re: pt 10 cant detect sample rate error?? help

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatlife View Post
everytime I try to open a session, I get an error that say protools can't open session because sample rate can not be set to specified value.
The clock is set right , All of my drivers are up to date , I tried reinstalling pt, my audio cards work great in other programs . What gives ?
I have done all the optimizations for pc and my computer has been fully bench tested and is solid. I am using a motu 24i/o and a 2408 with pcie 424 and a gen x lucid master clock.win7 32 bit core I5 intel board 4gigs ram.anyone??
for the hell of it, try uninstalling and reinstalling just the drivers and see what happens.

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers
Old 04-26-2012, 01:16 PM

Default Re: pt 10 cant detect sample rate error?? help

No change , still can't open any of these sessions , However I can create a new session and record and playback fine (weird)?and every once in a while a session will open and play back just fine (I mean like 1 out of 50 times ). Opening the same files in samplitude 100% success everytime.
its not the drivers .
Old 05-18-2012, 07:31 AM

Thumbs up Re: pt 10 cant detect sample rate error?? help

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatlife View Post
No change , still can't open any of these sessions , However I can create a new session and record and playback fine (weird)?and every once in a while a session will open and play back just fine (I mean like 1 out of 50 times ). Opening the same files in samplitude 100% success everytime.
its not the drivers .
I also noticed on my machine that you should try to open protools with NO other programs opened. SOmetimes if youtube is playing a video, or media player is playing a song..i get that same error. Hope this helps...sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. I have been engulfed in a war about this GUI freeze problem in ProTools 10 on Windows 7.

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers