Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 02-08-2015, 11:53 AM

Default Massive won't show in Pro Tools 8

Hi

Massive and Pro Tools were working fine together until I bought a new computer. After installing both programs on the new computer Massive did show in the 'instruments' section but the interface was f**ked up and was useless. Then after uninstalling and reinstalling both programs a couple of times, Massive worked fine in stand alone mode but didn't show in Pro Tools as a plug-in. So thats where I stand now.

I have tried re-installing Massive with the plug-ins in variuos locations where I think they should be other than where they automatically go.

Could anyone please help me?

My specs:

Pro Tools LE 8.0.4
Massive 1.4.2 (R419)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU 3,5GHz
RAM: 16GB
Old 02-08-2015, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Massive won't show in Pro Tools 8

I don't have Massive so I may be way off here, but according to the Native Instruments page version 1.4.2 is only available as AAX native.... you are on PT LE8, so you need the RTAS version. Try an older version.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...pecifications/

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 02-09-2015, 04:34 AM

It supports:
Stand-alone, VST, Audio Units, ASIO, Core Audio, WASAPI, AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)

I run Superior Drummer as a VST-plugin and its working fine, and as it shows above, my version of Massive supports VST. This version worked on my last computer(also windows7).

Besides, I couldn't find a place to download an older version to find out if that would work.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I don't have Massive so I may be way off here, but according to the Native Instruments page version 1.4.2 is only available as AAX native.... you are on PT LE8, so you need the RTAS version. Try an older version.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...pecifications/
The latest updates to several NI synths took out RTAS format plugins but still have vst, au and aax. It's for reasons like this I keep saved off to disk all my old installers so if I need to back date something I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saremus View Post
It supports:
Stand-alone, VST, Audio Units, ASIO, Core Audio, WASAPI, AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)

I run Superior Drummer as a VST-plugin and its working fine, and as it shows above, my version of Massive supports VST. This version worked on my last computer(also windows7).

Besides, I couldn't find a place to download an older version to find out if that would work.
How are you running SD as a vst in PT? Via the old defunct fxpansion wrapper? PT any version never supported vst plugins directly; you had to use a wrapper or something like the current Blue Cat Audio MB7-2 or Patchwork to host the vst or au version. I'd suggest getting either one or both of those to host Massive. Then again depending on the age of your system (and it is old if you're running PT8) the operating system might not support Massive/MB7-2/Patchwork.

QAPLA!
Old 02-15-2015, 02:47 PM

That Blue Cat thing worked. Thanks guys😊