Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2011, 09:36 AM

Default Modern motherboard for original PCI HD Core and Process cards

Hi Everyone,

About 9 months ago I posted looking for help building a modern computer with all the latest and greatest but still able to support my original PCI HD Core and Process cards built in 2002.

Now it looks like I will be able to do this in the next 3 to 4 months so I wanted to get some current ideas and feedback. I talked to AVID at NAB and they said it should work fine with PT 9 and Windows 7 once I can find a motherboard with two legacy PCI slots next to each other that can accept two full length cards.

If I can find a motherboard that supports the cards and has all the modern stuff like PCIe, current ram / cpu technology, SATA II etc... I can build the computer around that.

Any suggestions on motherboards to look at?

Thanks,
David