Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 08-24-2017, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Will Pro Tools 10 work with mac OS Sierra

You cannot use Sierra with PT10 you are going to have to go back to El-captian 10.11.6 OS and wipe your hardrice clean of that OS system. I did it not too long ago. Sierra is not capable with Pro tools 10.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2017, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Sierra

I have a similar question: I am currently running {T 10.3.10 on a Mac Pro 5,5 under Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion). However, I recently received notice from DropBox that as of early next year they will no longer support their desktop folder any Mac OS earlier than 9. (I have a separate boot disk running Sierra if I need to access DropBox without upgrading my PT drive).

I cannot afford to upgrade to PT 11 or 12 and I would like to upgrade the OS to 9. Obviously, this would save me rebooting from one OS to the other to send or receive files from the desktop (and as a plus, maybe the version of Safari that comes with the v.9 OS upgrade will display my Bandcamp page properly... Yeah, I use Chrome for browsing, but Safari is more tightly integrated with the OS and I like that).

Avid says there may be problems with PT 10 and OS X 10.9 but they don't detail them. Am I just hoping for too much moving to OS X 10.9?

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Old 09-01-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmansfield View Post
I have a similar question: I am currently running {T 10.3.10 on a Mac Pro 5,5 under Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion). However, I recently received notice from DropBox that as of early next year they will no longer support their desktop folder any Mac OS earlier than 9. (I have a separate boot disk running Sierra if I need to access DropBox without upgrading my PT drive).

I cannot afford to upgrade to PT 11 or 12 and I would like to upgrade the OS to 9. Obviously, this would save me rebooting from one OS to the other to send or receive files from the desktop (and as a plus, maybe the version of Safari that comes with the v.9 OS upgrade will display my Bandcamp page properly... Yeah, I use Chrome for browsing, but Safari is more tightly integrated with the OS and I like that).

Avid says there may be problems with PT 10 and OS X 10.9 but they don't detail them. Am I just hoping for too much moving to OS X 10.9?
Actually Avid DOES detail the issues with going to OSX 10.9.x. The sole apparent issue is that the uninstaller doesn't work but there are steps delineated by Avid to do the deed if/when necessary.

QAPLA!
Old 09-02-2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:

OS 10.9.5 and PT 10.3.10 have been proved to be rock solid!
Mac Mini i7 2018,
Reaper DAW,
Presonus Faderport,
Arturia Beastep for DAW control,
Former Pro Tools HD user (from V7 until V12.6).
Old 09-04-2017, 01:52 PM

Thanks! This is very helpful -- I must have missed the uninstaller issue.

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Old 09-04-2017, 01:53 PM

Excellent news, thank you!

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Old 09-09-2017, 04:52 AM

No

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Excellent news, thank you!
Now my main problem is that Apple no longer has OS X 9 available for download. I have searched their site and found they still have the v. 9.5 combo updater, but not the original release.

I Googled Mac oS X 9 and Mavericks installers but I found mostly Hacintosh hacked versions which I obviously don't want to even try. So, is there anyone who can point me to a Mac installer?

- Colin
Old 09-19-2017, 12:06 PM

Wow I used to have a installer disk. I don’t remember where that is...I will look

But what about eBay?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Wow I used to have a installer disk. I don’t remember where that is...I will look

But what about eBay?
Thanks! eBay has one downloadable installer t the moment, $4.50, with no guarantee it will work, and no refunds

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mac-OS-X-10-...QAAOSw4bBZkqXv

Apple, in their wisdom, only allows me to go to Sierra (or High Sierra, which is truly a tightrope too far...). Apparently, they don't care that much of my software doesn't work properly on their latest OS, so they don't allow incremental upgrades.