Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 03-21-2015, 09:40 PM

Default System ID

Hello everyone;

I hope all is well for you. I get a prompt to input a "System ID" for some actions in the Avid website. I've searched for it everywhere I can think of (registration e-mail, instruction manual, box, activation card, my Avid account) and haven't found it anywhere. All the "random" numbers I've found and inputed come out as "invalid". Where is my "System ID"?

PS: This all started because Pro Tools wasn't (and still isn't) recognizing my iLok with the activated license.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:47 PM

Default Re: System ID

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2170229&postcount=2
Quote:
Media Composer and Sibelius use a system ID, but Pro Tools generally does not.
(Pro Tools can have a System ID if they are under contract. Also Avid S3L and Avid S6 consoles have System IDs.)

Maybe you are looking in the Avid Video Download Center, so make sure you are looking in the correct area...

Go to www.avid.com

Click on Sign In at the top:
https://www.avid.com/account/orientation

Enter your email address and password, and you should then be on your Avid Master Account page.

On that page, click on Access your account

Then on My Products, your Pro Tools downloads should be on this page:
My Products and Subscriptions

I checked your Avid account, and your downloads are there, including this one:
Pro Tools 11.0 Upgrade from PT10
System Details

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 03-22-2015, 07:50 AM

Thank you for your response.

Pro Tools 10. I wasn't ever able to use it because Avid/Identit-e wouldn't accept the materials I submitted as evidence of student status. While trying to gather materials that Avid would accept, Pro Tools 11 came out. I couldn't even upgrade because I could not get Pro Tools 10 properly activated; I had to buy a brand new Pro Tools 11 (if there's something I missed, or something else I could've done, I'm all ears).

Then, after a few months of largely (and I say largely) problem-free usage, Pro Tools 11 suddenly stopped recognizing my iLok. The first time this happened I was able to restart the computer and get it working, but now not even that works. I'm pretty sure it's either an iLok manager problem at this point because other programs are also not recognizing it, even though it's in working order (it shows up, just with a completely different serial number. No, it's not another iLok; I've tested all the ones I own and only one of them is recognized correctly; I've written to iLok support staff already); however I find it absurd that I spend hundreds of dollars to buy (and register) a program that I am completely unable to use it because of an issue that has (ostensibly) nothing to do with me.

That being said, I am downloading the Pro Tools 11.3.1 version. It says it will take between 31 to 42 hours (?). Thank you for directing me there. I would like to know, though, what this "System ID" which it asks me for (for some reason) is or why it would be asking me for it since I am not under what you describe as a contract (as far as I know).
Old 03-22-2015, 09:08 AM

40+ hrs it takes max 5 minutes here in stockholm and if you have a very slow internet connection you might run into issues with lost files and dropouts so maybe download onto a usb somehwere else.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————