Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2009, 08:07 AM

Default Re: ikmultimedia NO Support

ok this is an email i wrote to IKMultimedia Support
show details 10:35 AM (3 minutes ago)
Hi its me again,

i have spend over 600 dollars in the Studio Bundle 2 and it's really upseting that they dont work the way they should,... they only work if i use only one procesor this is no good for me since i need to have all of my processors working in my Pro tools sessions, I wanna talk to somebody on the phone because everytime i write i have to wait a week for a response that its good for nothing,... i expect to have a full money refund if the bundle i purchased keeps crashing like it does..
Old 08-31-2009, 08:27 AM

try these...

Andrew Bach
Marketing Assistant
IK Multimedia
www.ikmultimedia.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ikmultimedia/82970240613
http://twitter.com/ikmultimedia
http://www.youtube.com/ikmultimedia
Old 08-31-2009, 10:06 AM

I feel your pain Carlos. I had similare problems with IKMultimedia plugins, so I finally gave up using them. I'v also had a hard time trying to sell them. I finally sold Miroslav Philarmonik, but I'm stuck with the rest.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:14 AM

WOAH!
If Carlos Santana can't get support, what are us mere mortals going to do!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogeekzine View Post
WOAH!
If Carlos Santana can't get support, what are us mere mortals going to do!
ha ha ha
Old 09-03-2009, 03:34 AM

hi Carlos

I am the IK rep for the Nashville area. I would be happy to put you in touch with the right person if you PM me. For what it's worth though, it doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with your IK product. I say that as a producer, not a rep. MANY people are experiencing this with MANY plugins from MANY companies. In fact, DIGIDESIGN themselves in THIS VERY THREAD acknowledge issues with the 1 proc. vs 2 proc. RTAS setup. I think if you do some research into THAT aspect alone, you would stop attacking IK. Since they have nothing to do with the issue you are having.

Send me a PM, we will talk more.

thanks
russell wolff

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos santana View Post
ok this is an email i wrote to IKMultimedia Support
show details 10:35 AM (3 minutes ago)
Hi its me again,

i have spend over 600 dollars in the Studio Bundle 2 and it's really upseting that they dont work the way they should,... they only work if i use only one procesor this is no good for me since i need to have all of my processors working in my Pro tools sessions, I wanna talk to somebody on the phone because everytime i write i have to wait a week for a response that its good for nothing,... i expect to have a full money refund if the bundle i purchased keeps crashing like it does..
Old 09-03-2009, 03:35 AM

hi Chrisdee

i am sorry to hear you were having problems as well. Anything I can help with?

For what it's worth, I use these plugs in sessions constantly and never run into any problems.

-rw

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
I feel your pain Carlos. I had similare problems with IKMultimedia plugins, so I finally gave up using them. I'v also had a hard time trying to sell them. I finally sold Miroslav Philarmonik, but I'm stuck with the rest.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:51 AM

cueball73, thanks for your reply.

I enjoyed working with some of your plugins in the past (SampleTank, Amplitube) on PT 7.x, but I'v moved on to other plugs.

I actually did a short test after buying a new computer 2 months ago. After installing PT8 and test that everything was running (starting/recording/playback/standard pt plugs) ok I tried installing Amplitube and Classik Studio Reverb (the latest updates). Unfortunately PT would not launch after that. No error message, no nothing. So, I removed the plugs with the trash preferences tool, and I managed to launch and use PT again

Without your plugs
Old 09-07-2009, 02:45 AM

ik has nothing to do it??? (why pm we are on a forum) give the info out through here (and i still expect my money back!!!) i purchased these plugs for the sole purpose of working on protools (and its been a vary disappointing experience on protools 8 so far) i cant believe you still have the guts to say its not your fault (well it is!) when you state you are compatible with this system (rtas on protools!) so dont tell me to stop ranting cause all i want is to keep on working and getting my moneys worth so if i purchase a bundle of plugs or even just one simple little eq i expect it to be fully functional with my working environment... please give me solutions and ill stop ranting as you so call it, and if you want to get in touch at least give me a phone number so we can do so!!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 05:58 AM

there are lots of people that use IK products with great success.... all you have to do is follow the instructions explicitly.

setting your RTAS cores for less than what you have (7 vs 8, etc etc) is not "disabling" a processor. You are still using the full capacity of your system, just not for RTAS. stepping your CPUs -1 gives the RTAS engine some headroom to deal with and gives your computer a little headway so that PT can perform smoothly.

this has been an on going issue since the introduction of the multi core macs. basically hardware outpaced the software, and software is trying to catch up.

http://overtheeffect.bandcamp.com