Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 10-05-2015, 10:36 AM

Default Re: HD Hardware & CoreAudio on Yosemite

Correct, it does not work with 11 and Yosemite.
I was hoping to hear it had been fixed with version 12.
Retro 176 (pair), Pultec EQP-1A (pair), Germanium Comps (pair), BAE 10DC (pair), Distressor (pair), Manley Vari-Mu, Sta-Level, Zener, SSL Fusion, SSL FX G384, API 2500, LA2A, 1176, Bricasti, Massive Passive, Anamod ATS-1, Eventide H3500, TC 2290, Yamaha D5000, PCM92, PCM70... Amps, Amps & More Amps.

Last edited by Ghost In The Attic; 10-05-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Risberg View Post
I've recently purchased an HD Native PCI and an OMNI. Can't hear anything played through iTunes using internal/OS routing.

My previous audio hardware, 003, had no problems with this. I am used to being able to listen to music and watching shorts using my Avid hardware (sharing the same DA and equipment as my own projects).

I've just spent an hour trying to figure out what's wrong. Are you saying there's a bug, using HD hardware, that prevents one from hearing sounds from the OS and other applications than Pro Tools?

I've tried this with the 11.3.1 and 11.3.2 drivers. Not any 12.x drivers.
I gave up troubleshooting driver issues and routed my Mac audio optical output into SPDIF on the Omni. It generally works, with occasional small hiccups because the OMNI must slave to the Mac clock in this configuration. I leave OMNI as the master and deal with it.

Sky

Mac Studio M2 Max 12/30/64GB/4TB, RME UFX III, Pro Tools Ultimate, MacOS Ventura.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:24 AM

This is a major issue for me. I use PT12.2.1 I also use Soundblade, iTunes, Youtibe, Soundcloud etc etc and why the hell can't I playback through core audio on my HDX card (if I'm not using Pro Tools) ??

I have a dual boot and I keep having to go back to my ML boot to use other apps it's a serious PITA and should be a priority fix.

I'm on a support plan and this has not been addressed.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:15 AM

...shame on AVID! This is not what they promised with the new support plan.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:14 AM

Hi folks,

I've found a way to listen to Itunes, safari etc.. on my HDX hardware on 10.10 by using "Sound nexus" plug in. :

http://source-elements.com/source-nexus/

Basically, sound nexus is an AAX plug in that can listen to the internal sound routing of your mac in pro tools.
Just have to set "sound nexus" as an output in the system sound panel, open an Aux track in PT with a sound nexus instance, and you're in business.
An expensive solution, but it works.
You can record everything from the web inside protools as well.

cheers.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrobass View Post
Hi folks,

I've found a way to listen to Itunes, safari etc.. on my HDX hardware on 10.10 by using "Sound nexus" plug in. :

Basically, sound nexus is an AAX plug in that can listen to the internal sound routing of your mac in pro tools.
Just have to set "sound nexus" as an output in the system sound panel, open an Aux track in PT with a sound nexus instance, and you're in business.

cheers.

Thanks a Million for this!
Old 10-31-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Hi folks,

cheers.
The site says PT 11 with no mention of 12.
Do you know if it works with 12?

Also, hows does this work when you go to YouTube for example?
How would you watch videos without audio latency?
Retro 176 (pair), Pultec EQP-1A (pair), Germanium Comps (pair), BAE 10DC (pair), Distressor (pair), Manley Vari-Mu, Sta-Level, Zener, SSL Fusion, SSL FX G384, API 2500, LA2A, 1176, Bricasti, Massive Passive, Anamod ATS-1, Eventide H3500, TC 2290, Yamaha D5000, PCM92, PCM70... Amps, Amps & More Amps.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Hi folks,

Just have to set "sound nexus" as an output in the system sound panel, open an Aux track in PT with a sound nexus instance, and you're in business. .

cheers.
While it is very generous for you to have posted this work around and thanks for doing so . Unfortunately it does not change the fact that it has been a year or so that this has not been fixed by a driver update. I love my PTHDN-Omni system but honestly it is pretty ridiculous that we are actually past Yosemite and into El Capitan, gone through several 11 and 12 updates and still Avid can't get it's premier HD hardware to play coreaudio on more than a year old OS............... THERE IS SOMETHING VERY VERY WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE

IT SHOULD NOT BE UP TO CUSTOMERS TO FIND WORKAROUNDS A YEAR OUT ....PERIOD

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 10-31-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
While it is very generous for you to have posted this work around and thanks for doing so . Unfortunately it does not change the fact that it has been a year or so that this has not been fixed by a driver update. I love my PTHDN-Omni system but honestly it is pretty ridiculous that we are actually past Yosemite and into El Capitan, gone through several 11 and 12 updates and still Avid can't get it's premier HD hardware to play coreaudio on more than a year old OS............... THERE IS SOMETHING VERY VERY WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE

IT SHOULD NOT BE UP TO CUSTOMERS TO FIND WORKAROUNDS A YEAR OUT ....PERIOD

I agree 100% It really is a shame.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwriter View Post
The site says PT 11 with no mention of 12.
Do you know if it works with 12?

Also, hows does this work when you go to YouTube for example?
How would you watch videos without audio latency?
It works great on Pt 12. It's a good way to make a profit at Avid's down fall, but I'm glad I purchased it. IMHO, it actually works better than Avid's Coreaudio manager ever did and a much better work around then using S/PDiF. It's seamless and I must add it sound much better than using SPDIF thru the Mac Sound Card.