Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 01-22-2012, 08:59 AM

Default Audible "Tick" at Clip Gain Pencil Points?

I love the Clip Gain feature for riding a vocal, but I noticed in playback that I occasionally seem to hear a digital "tick" at a pencil point joint. In the few instances it seemed to occur, I redrew the gain as a slop/fade up, and it went away.

But if the clip gain was a straight 90 degree angle (returning up 1.9 db after a one word dip of that much), I got a "tick" on playback. It's subtle, but there. It was a vocal track, at a clip gain "joint".

Anyone else hearing this? I had delay compensation on / long delay compensation set / and was at 1024 samples for mixing down, with 6 cores (out of 8) at 90%.

Thoughts?
Old 09-25-2012, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Audible "Tick" at Clip Gain Pencil Points?

I get the same thing, it's very annoying. The only solution I can find is to ramp it up. Someone needs to submit a bug report for this. I would but I'm not sure how.