Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-09-2006, 09:33 PM

Default copying a whole section of 10 tracks and pasting?

Hey All,

Ok..I've got like 10 tracks, and I've already recorded a chorus that is done. I want to
repeat the chorus again, but don't wanna have to re-record everthing..so i was thinking..
can i just copy and paste a section of the 10-piece track block of those certain parts..like
if i highlight them or something? Well..I did that. I selected from the bottom and highlighted
the part all the way up to the top, right? ..then, i scrolled to the right and tried to paste
when i clicked in the very top track, but it only pastes in the top block, not all the blocks! sucks.

how do i paste the whole thing..every piece that i selected? know what i'm sayin?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:10 PM

Default Re: copying a whole section of 10 tracks and pasti

Hmm, how do I explain this...

First off, make sure the tracks are "back-to-back" (as opposed to all spread apart) AND, most importantly, make sure you're in grid mode. After you highlight and copy the section of tracks you want, then go to where you want it to play again. When you select that spot, drag down until the cursor highlights all ten tracks. Now paste it. Also, you can create a region group and drag it out of the list to where you want it to go. That's the easiest way, but I can't recall if it's only available in version 7. Also, if the part comes right after the last part, you can just repeat it (atl+R).

Not sure if I explained it right, as lots of stuff I just do now without thinking, but it's pretty easy to do.
Peace
Old 01-09-2006, 11:32 PM

Default Re: copying a whole section of 10 tracks and pasting?

.. or simply use an Edit Group.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 01-10-2006, 07:16 AM

Make sure the cursor is blinking in ALL the same tracks (10 in your example) you copied from.

It's easier (and faster) to create a group with the 10 tracks, then trun the group off or delete it when you're done.

Ter

I don't know, what d'you think?
Old 01-11-2006, 08:08 AM

ok cool..the grid thing works great! thanx