How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2012, 10:36 AM

Default No Signal from Audio Interface in Pro Tools 10

Hey all,

I've been using Pro Tools 9.0.5 quite happily and with no issue on PC over the last 6 months or so. As I registered my copy after a cutoff date I was offered a free upgrade to Pro Tools 10. Around the same time I decided to purchase a MacBook so I could make my recording gear more mobile. (Intel i7 2.7GHz running OS X 10.7 Lion).

The audio interface I have been using is the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R, and the drivers are up to date on both machines.

When using the Fast Track with the PC it automatically overrides the onboard sound card and becomes the route in and out of the machine for audio signal.

This does not appear to be the case on the MacBook Pro. The software appears to acknowledge the presence of the interface, but no signal is showing on the screen despite the monitor lights on the Fast Track showing signal. It was also an issue to begin with that the input on the Mac was coming through the on the laptop's onboard mic (which has now been turned down/off). There is no signal appearing on the driver application either.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?