Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 03-31-2012, 04:03 AM

Default Boot Screen "Not Recognized Video Hardware Connected", "video engine failed to init

Hi - I am beginner of PT.

I just got Mbox pro with PT 10 and installed it (Macbook Pro) but I see boot screen tells me ,

Launching Video Engine "Not Recognized Video Hardware Connected", "video engine failed to initialize"

What do you think problems I will have with this in the near future so far works good but I want to fix this problems.

What did I wrong to occur such as this problems???

I using it for basically recording instruments, Electric Drum , Mix and Mastering.

Thank you so much for your time!!
Old 03-31-2012, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Boot Screen "Not Recognized Video Hardware Connected", "video engine failed to

bcrichguitar: it looks like you had the "install video (software, driver, etc...)" option checked when you installed Pro Tools. I've made this mistake many times before. What I'd recommend - to avoid many other potential issues, and I know this sounds extreme, but it's really easy using the Pro Tools installer folder in your applications directory - is completely uninstalling Pro Tools and then carefully re-installing everything, reading all options and windows when installing. Make sure the video option is not selected.

Many, many other more experienced people are within this forum and may answer you eventually, however, I saw you had a lot of views and no replies, so I thought I'd offer my two cents. Hope this help and keeps you from becoming a PT hater just 'cause things didn't install as simply as some think they should. When installed correctly, as a newbie, you will find it's a great program for recording audio. Good luck fixing this. I'll check back...

BTW...congrats on being new to PT and I wish you the best of luck with your musical journey.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Boot Screen "Not Recognized Video Hardware Connected", "video engine failed to

Hi brianiac5150

Thank you for your replying !! Really appreciated your advice man.
Well, I remembered I have seen "Virtual Instruments"(video) and I selected and installed it........ I guess that is why this problems happened ........
This time I will completely uninstalling Pro Tools and then re-installing it.

I will let you (guys) know what happen man. Thanks again for your Help!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:10 AM

no need to uninstall and reinstall. Just remove the folder called video engine that in the same folder as Pro Tools application. that's it. If you don't want to delete it, just hide it in a new folder and call it hide video engine or something like that.