How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2020, 02:17 AM

Default Offline Bounce MixBus

Hi,

my Mixbus (containing plugins) is routed to out 1-2. When I bounce out 1-2 as Mix Source everything is fine. When I bounce (offline) my Mixbus it dosn't print the plugins from that Bus. So it prints the input of my Mixbus and not post "Fader". Correct ??? What's the benefit ?

That's annoying because on the Output I have stuff like Listento and Sonarworks that I have to disable manually before bouncing. To avoid that I have created a Print-Aux-Send from my mixbus.

I'm just trying to simplify my template with 2020.11
Old 11-23-2020, 05:09 AM

Default Re: Offline Bounce MixBus

My suggestion would be to do as many of us have done for years, route everything thru an aux that acts as the "master", and have only the "monitor" plugins on the output master fader.
There are a few advantages to this; you bounce the bus going to the aux and avoid the "monitor PIs", the plugins are pre-fader (a master fader's PIs are post), you can route the aux to as many destinations you want simultaneously, and I forget what else.
It works for me, and I just feel that it's the way it's supposed to work. I think Master Faders should be called "Output Faders" because that's what they are; output controls; and where you'd put your listening PIs, room correction and such.
IHTH.