Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 03-06-2021, 12:04 PM

Default Expand zones and "last selected" setting - inconsistent behaviour

Hi, Eddie, Jeff!

I now have dedicated knob expansion zone working like a charm when DAW controls are clicked, very consistently following DAW controls and plugins, thank you for the fix!

Unfortunately the latest update (Avid S6 Software 2020.11.1) introduced the following issue:

When activating and using knob and fader expansion zones,

and having "last selected" selected in preferences when attentioning track that had expansion knobs/faders manually assigned to any plugin on track inserts by touching MTM screen control for plugin and then knob/fader,

upon attention return to the track where expansion zones were assigned to a plugin, S6 does not expand controls back consistently to last selected - sometimes it does, but in most cases defaults to showing currently selected input in red on the first knob of 2nd expansion knob module.

In the manual it says: "To keep the Expand zone focused on the most recently edited function, choose Last Selected."

Expected behaviour: S6 would memorise last plugin/function manually assigned from master module to the expansion zone and will recall it upon attention return, but this is not happening consistently.

Any chance you could look into this?

FYI I have open case, # 04119853

Last edited by Ivan.S; 03-06-2021 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:33 PM
Avid

Default Re: Expand zones and "last selected" setting - inconsistent behaviour

I believe you are in good hands. I would send all of harvested log files from the attached Workstations + the Master Module in addition to a brief cell phone video repro of the issue to the tech you are working with. WSControl > Collect Support is the easiest way to do this. Let us know how it goes.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 03-14-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
I believe you are in good hands. I would send all of harvested log files from the attached Workstations + the Master Module in addition to a brief cell phone video repro of the issue to the tech you are working with. WSControl > Collect Support is the easiest way to do this. Let us know how it goes.

best,

Jeff
Thank you!
Unfortunately, it's been stuck in a queue awaiting for someone to look into it for almost a month now
Old 03-15-2021, 09:44 AM
Avid

That's not ideal!

I just pinged them with your case# Stay tuned.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ