Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-27-2018, 06:11 AM

Default Control 24 view sends f/j

Using a Control24 with hd3 system on PT7.

I have sends a-e showing as mini faders in mix window and I scroll from a-e using the send buttons on my control 24. As headphone mixes this makes it nice and easy to select each players mix from C24 then I flip to faders to adjust mix.

I would like to do the same with sends f/j. Although C24 accesses them by pressing shift a-e they do not change in the mix window in PT like they do for sends a-e?

This means I have to go to view/select f/g instead.

It's a small niggle but if anyone knows how to resolve this I would be most grateful.I'm guessing that like with so many things on Control 24 it should have been an update that we never got !! and certainly won't now but I thought it may be worth an ask.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Control 24 view sends f/j

I thought by now that somebody would have helped, but you are dealing with some old stuff Shooting from the hip(because I don't own a Control24):
1-does your MIX window SHOW both banks of sends?(maybe the Control24 can't access hidden features).

2-have you tried using a modifier key when selecting to show sends. SHIFT, Cntrl, Cmd, Alt, Option are modifier keys(depending on your computer/OS and keyboard).
3-search the web for a download of the manual(wondering if this might just be a limitation, especially where you are dealing such old....everything)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-29-2018, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Control 24 view sends f/j

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Using a Control24 with hd3 system on PT7.

I have sends a-e showing as mini faders in mix window and I scroll from a-e using the send buttons on my control 24. As headphone mixes this makes it nice and easy to select each players mix from C24 then I flip to faders to adjust mix.

I would like to do the same with sends f/j. Although C24 accesses them by pressing shift a-e they do not change in the mix window in PT like they do for sends a-e?

This means I have to go to view/select f/g instead.

It's a small niggle but if anyone knows how to resolve this I would be most grateful.I'm guessing that like with so many things on Control 24 it should have been an update that we never got !! and certainly won't now but I thought it may be worth an ask.
Hi

Changing on the Control 24 doesn’t change in the PT mixer

You can save mixer views using “windows configuration” feature where you can save the mix or edit windows to show what you want

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.