Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2014, 02:00 PM

Default I/O Set-up Issue

Getting started with a MacBook Pro and ProTools 11.0.3. Have a MBox Pro 3 interface. The I/O Set-up window shows {Built-in Microphone 1-2} L R for inputs 1 and 2. In creating a new mono audio track, the Built-in Microphone also
shows up off the bat. There's also {Built-in Output 1-2} in the I/0 Set-up map and the track. Mbox Pro shows at top of map spread over all Inputs & Outputs on those two tabs. Long and short of it is: can this Built-in Mic and Output business be removed so it doesn't show up anywhere. I'm using an Mbox Pro,
NOT the built-ins. Please advise. Thank you
Old 02-04-2014, 02:17 PM

Default Re: I/O Set-up Issue

Check your playback Engine

If it doesn't say Mbox then change it, then hit Default button on IO while holding Option key to set up the default I/O Busses etc for that engine and interface.

Video: IO Setup - Quick Trick 1
Mix Tech/Assistant Sound Editor
Old 02-04-2014, 03:16 PM

Thank you so much, Ceri. Had already changed to Mbox in the PlyBk Engine. It was the "while holding the Option Key" when pressing the Default button in IO that did it. Now my
I/O Setup map is all neat and tidy with MBox stereo analog pairs 1 thru 6, and SPDIF L/R--and no "Built-ins"
Old 02-19-2014, 04:45 PM

I'm having this same issue but the internal inputs remain after loading the 002's defaults in the in/out pane. Tried deleting the internal paths and adding new paths named Analog 1-2, 3-4 but the new path doesn't get recognized. What am I missing here?

Thanks,
RockGad
Old 02-19-2014, 05:06 PM

Figured it out. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:11 AM

Hi rockgad !

Can you post how you resolved it please ?
Old 05-27-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C View Post
Check your playback Engine

If it doesn't say Mbox then change it, then hit Default button on IO while holding Option key to set up the default I/O Busses etc for that engine and interface.

Video: IO Setup - Quick Trick 1
Your awesome C, will do that tomorrow, been super busy for party for daughters graduations.

THANKS A MILLION

also one freaky thing too?, I just got my ADL back from Presonus and now I'm hearing a screeching noise on different inputs. Man I hope the mod they did isn't the problem. Had them correct the impedance jumpers settings, mine was one of the older units with the incorrect jumper settings.

Also the video link is dead?

Old 05-27-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
Your awesome C, will do that tomorrow, been super busy for party for daughters graduations.

THANKS A MILLION

also one freaky thing too?, I just got my ADL back from Presonus and now I'm hearing a screeching noise on different inputs. Man I hope the mod they did isn't the problem. Had them correct the impedance jumpers settings, mine was one of the older units with the incorrect jumper settings.

Man still no luck, it's all screwed up. Help please, thanks.

I tried hitting default with the option key pressed, still not right on the inputs, the outputs are correct, but the inputs are not on my 003 console.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post

THANKS A MILLION

((( sorry for late update ))) Seems that I imported a session from pro tools 10, and I'm on 9 and it did something weird with my AUX busses too. Anyway I was able to use the utility to trash preferences and that did the trick. Hey a sincere thanks to everyone on this forum and I'm truly blessed with all the help I've received from you folks. CHEERS