Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 03-23-2020, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Atmos and AVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Xilica FR1, QSYS, BSS Soundweb, AVID'S MTRX and MTRX studio , the latter probably being the most cost efficient if you are starting from scratch. Not as modular and configurable as the open fully modular systems like the Xilica, QSYS, BSS but for simpler setups it has it all on board.

Not yet available though I think.

F.
I'm waiting for delivery of the new Metric Halo LIO-8 3D, which has Atmos monitoring capability and speaker control. Not sure yet how it stacks up next to MTRX Studio, but it's a lot cheaper.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:11 PM

Nathan, let us know how it goes. I'm very curious about this setup.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:33 AM

Frank,
Would you mind sharing how you are using the Xilica setup and does it include speaker eq and delay?
Thanks Nick
Mac M1 Studio Ultra 64GB RAM OSX 13.6, PT Ultimate 2023.12 HDn, MTRX Studio, 2x Avid S1, PT Dock...
Old 03-24-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Xilica FR1, QSYS, BSS Soundweb, AVID'S MTRX and MTRX studio , the latter probably being the most cost efficient if you are starting from scratch. Not as modular and configurable as the open fully modular systems like the Xilica, QSYS, BSS but for simpler setups it has it all on board.

F.
Hi Frank, thank you...so these are sample to replace the Rednet 2 right? As these product has monitor control.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichman View Post
I'm waiting for delivery of the new Metric Halo LIO-8 3D, which has Atmos monitoring capability and speaker control. Not sure yet how it stacks up next to MTRX Studio, but it's a lot cheaper.
Nathaniel, this product is good for me as well ? I assume not as it has only 8 channel analog out , is that correct ?
Old 03-30-2020, 05:21 AM

Quote:

F.
Frank, what do you think about MMP1 or Intonato 24? I can get any of them roughly for the same price...Intonato 24 is cheaper but I need a BSS BLUDAN converter i learned.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:24 PM

BabaAtmos here. I have 2013 MacPro 8 core>Protools Ultimate 2020>Dolby Atmos Production Suite>Dante Virtual Soundcard>Dolby Atmos Interface DAC3202. Trying to get them to communicate. I can make master files(.mp4) and play them on Windows 10 through Dolby Atmos for Home Theater into a Vizio 5.1.2 soundbar. The soundbar recognizes the atmos and decodes it to discrete channels through the soundbar. Problem is I can't do it live. I used Dante to go from the Mac to the Windows computer but the windows system doesn't 'see' the height speakers!