Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2012, 06:55 PM

Default Pro Tools SE white noise solution

Hello Everyone,

At the end of all the posts on Pro Tools SE white noise I found a post by KLambert saying he found a solution to the problem. I tried it and so far so good. He says to right click on your Pro Tools SE shortcut on your desktop.
Then select Compatibility. Then Run Pro Tools in Compatibility Mode. He says to then choose the previous version of windows from the drop-down menu. He runs Win XP SP3 so he chose Win 2000. This fixed his white noise problems.
I have Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit running on my laptop. When I right clicked on the Pro Tools shortcut I selected Compatibility. Windows then recommended I choose Win XP SP2. I went with that. Then I started Pro Tools as directed. I had three recorded songs that on playback had Crackling, popping, staticy noises. I played all three and they showed no more noise. I had played them before I did the procedure to see if the noise was there on playback and it was. I exited Pro Tools and went back in to replay the songs and no noise. So Windows 7 may have a problem with Pro Tools SE. Try this procedure and post your results.

Hope this helps,
Dcader10
Old 10-09-2012, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools SE white noise solution

I just saw that trick somewhere else. thanks.

why is SE not supported on vista but it is on xp