Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2013, 04:17 AM

Default Flipping level and send of the same channel?

Hi,

during a recent mix we wanted to do the following:

Fade out a music while fading up the send on the same track to increase reverb over the fade-out in a humane way.

I have a Mix and an Control so I force assigned the same track too both the Mix and the control and flipped the track to send-level on the mix. Result: volume on one fader of the control and send-level on the mix.

So far so good.

Thing is that as soon as you do this the automation goes nuts. Wrong and random levels are read/written. For some reason this doesn't seem to work.

Anyone know why? User-error or bug?

Thanks,

Frank.

P.S.: Yes I know I can control the send via the rotary knob but I find the ballistic of the rotary knobs unusable for smooth movements. They are too jumpy.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Flipping level and send of the same channel?

Great idea to fix this issue Frank. Sorry it didn't work out. I too find the ballistics unusable. I only have an Artist Control not a mix. Do you use the fader flip function on the mix to do plugin value tweaking? A shame to think I have to invest another grand just to be able to tweak a plug in. I wish there was another solution at this price point. i'm thinking of the raven slate for $2500, though I love physical knobs....