Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 12-11-2018, 04:44 PM

Default segmentation fault in thread mainthread at address 0x0

What does "segmentation fault in thread mainthread at address 0x0" in pro tools 11 mean? I get this message when I quit PT. This is on a Mac. I'm not looking for a solution, I just want to know what it means and whether it will cause issues.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:33 AM

Question Re: segmentation fault in thread mainthread at address 0x0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdelich View Post
What does "segmentation fault in thread mainthread at address 0x0" in pro tools 11 mean?
It means that Pro Tools is trying to do something and instead of providing you with a useful error message, it displays that one. Does this error message consistently appear when doing a particular operation?
Old 12-16-2019, 07:55 PM

Default Re: segmentation fault in thread mainthread at address 0x0

I am getting this error every time I close PT. I am on PT11 and get it regardless of which license I use, HD or "regular". MBP MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
OS 10.13.6

Any new developments?
Old 12-16-2019, 08:40 PM

Default Re: segmentation fault in thread mainthread at address 0x0

Well i would say PT11 is the issue here. Not supported on the OS you are using (HS) so that would be my best guess. Never had this happen on any of the supported PT HD and Ultimate Versions and we have 2 trashcans with HS so maybe either downgrade to 10.10.5 or upgrade the PT license to something not 6 years old before Avid stops the reinstatement of lapsed licenses ends Dec 31 and after that you would not be able to reinstate any license and your choices are subscriptions and loose your Perpetual license which happens with subscription or buying a new PT Licenee outright.

The reinstatement offer on lapsed Plans both HD and non HD licenses ends December 31st 2019 so if you dont want to be left det ver further behind I would maybe think about reinstatement of the HD11 atleast to 2019.10 Ultimate. All IMHO of course

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————