Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-17-2006, 06:57 PM

Default DOWNLOAD UPDATES

Digi.....your so called download updates from the web are a joke. They have been next to impossible to get. I am not the only one who is experiencing this.

I have emailed the webmaster 2 weeks ago about your CS1 update and still no response. I just tried to get the cs2 update to no avail. Your links continue to open up the main digi navigation page. I have logged in and re logged in, reset cookies, reset safari, tried firefox and I.E., etc. I tried all the various links to download and all I get and others I know get is the main navigation page.

I was talking to a Sibelius tech last week and asked him if he knew what was up and he laughed and said Digi just hired a new webmaster.

I recently bought an HD3 system and provide tech support for a large institution where I just purchased an HD2 and HD3 system for them. This has been a problem at least since June/July 06'.

Kindly respond to this thread.

Your LINKS are not working!!!!

Whats up?

Old 11-17-2006, 07:13 PM

Default Re: DOWNLOAD UPDATES

As soon as you enter your email and password, the screen returns to the main page, yes. But it proceeds to download.
Check your download manager, I bet there are some partial downloads somewhere on your computer.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:36 PM

yes, they really need a downloading page

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 11-17-2006, 07:52 PM

it does this intentionally
and always downloads in the background

I would not be surprised if your download location has several copies of the
needed download

after you fill in the account info needed for the selected DL it returns to the previous page but indeed downloads in the background

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
http://www.studio-techservices.com

าำ
[email protected]m
Mitch Berger Tech Services

We service ALL Avid products no Problem
HD192, 192, Omni, Control Surface, Pre, XMON, 192HD AD & DA / Accel Cards, Everything

ALL NEW HD192 AD -DA modification. the difference is incredible... no need to ship the entire unit , fast turn around

inquiry using link above
Repairs of SSL-Neve- Consoles and Repair ALL Modern & Vintage Gear
Old 11-17-2006, 08:56 PM

Quote:
As soon as you enter your email and password, the screen returns to the main page, yes. But it proceeds to download.
Check your download manager, I bet there are some partial downloads somewhere on your computer.
Quote:
it does this intentionally
and always downloads in the background

I would not be surprised if your download location has several copies of the
needed download

after you fill in the account info needed for the selected DL it returns to the previous page but indeed downloads in the background

Thanks guys.....

I wish that were the case. I always check the d/l manager and all d/l's are directed to the Desktop. Only items that show up in the manager and desktop is the navigation page.html. Actually when I enter my email and password, I go to "My Digi Home" and not to the main page. I only get the main page after I click on download. Again as Digi instructed over a month ago, i reset my browser and cleaned out the cookies to no avail. Once back in July, I hit Control click to download the file and I got what I needed. Now whether I click on the link or Control click the link, all I get is the .html to the main navigation page.

I just tried to d/l it again and this is what was d/l'd intl_selector.cfm.html. I also did a search....not knowing what the file name is, I input 7.2, 7.2cs2 and there was nothing pertaining to the download.

I can d/l the read me files no problem but not the update itself. I've left the download window and manager open now for 10 minutes and still nothing is being downloaded.

Many people I've spoken to about this are experiencing the same problem and agree the links are inoperable.

Whats up Digi???
Old 11-19-2006, 08:12 PM

No problems with any of Digi's downloads here.... You may want to check your version of Safari... I assume you are using a Mac. List your OS version and Platform, and PT version so we can better help you with the problem. It sounds like a software glitch with your browser to me.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:22 PM

Thanks everyone for your input. I have finally resolved the issue.
I had to create a new account other than the one I had registered my HD3 system with. It seems the Digi server for d/l's didn't like the original account for some reason. Upon the suggestion of Digi (by phone) I created a new account and was able to get the download. I never did receive a response from the email I sent to the webmaster a couple of weeks ago.