Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-07-2002, 09:22 PM

Default Can PT 6.0 let 001 users inport track information?

Ok I was looking at the new 6.0 stuff on the digi website and I came across the fact that Pro-tools users are going to be able to import track information such as mix levels and settings from other sessions. This sounds alot like the mix recall function that I was so desperately wanting, but I am wondering if this option is going to be able to be used for us 001 users. On the page it currently just says that its for TDM users. Here it is:

Quote:
The mixing environment in Pro Tools TDM 6.0 offers new efficiencies to further your effectiveness. Premier amongst those is the ability to import any track attributes from one session into another (TDM systems only). Specifically you can choose to import any combination of track data including audio playlists, MIDI playlists, mixer automation, routing assignments, plug-in instances and settings, and plug-in automation. Plus, you can choose to replace or overlay the data in relation to your existing session. This new Import Session Data capability that can be used in a variety of ways: For instance, if you've perfected a set of drum tracks, or portions thereof, you can migrate only the channel attributes you want to another session's raw drum tracks. Or, if you need to scale down a mix to a smaller system, you can easily move sessions between systems with different I/O configurations by importing only the track data you choose on a per-track basis. And, analogous to changing tape out in a traditional analog environment, Pro Tools 6.0 supports the importing of audio/MIDI playlists while preserving the mixer layout, routing, and plug-in settings.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Will some one please tell me that this is going to be possible for the 001 systems. I'm begging you Digi. Pleeeeease?!?! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]