Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2011, 03:07 AM

Default Controlling Vienna Ensemble Pro faders from Pro Tools?

Hi all!

I can't figure out how to send automation data from Pro Tools to VEP. Basically, I want to send volume automation that makes the faders in VEP move as they would in Pro Tools if VI was hosted in my DAW and I automated the audio volume lane of my instrument track.

I've tried to get help from the VSL community with no luck, a poster did however post screens from Cubase showing him sending this kind of automation. But I'm finding nowhere in Pro Tools to do the same thing. Can anyone help me out here?

Note that I am not talking about MIDI velocity or audio volume on the return from VEP (I want to return only stems from VEP). I want to automate the volume data that is sent to VEP (i.e. making the VEP faders move when I press play). If it's of any help you can check out the thread over at VSL where you'll see the corresponding screen grabs from Cubase as one of the latest posts.

http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/p/...52.aspx#192152

Any and all input is much appreciated, as this is starting to drive me nuts!

Thanks,
Erik
Old 10-14-2011, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Controlling Vienna Ensemble Pro faders from Pro Tools?

I'm not aware of any way to move VEP faders from PT, might be a feature request. But there's volume slider at top of instrument track that'll control the volume of the actual VI in instantiated in VEP. I seem to recall that NI stuff doesn't respond to that fader. But that info can be automated, so maybe that'll help in meantime.