How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2020, 10:12 AM
Avid

Default Re: Artist Mix + New MacPro - Failure To Communicate

Yes do that and then personaly message me if it doesnt help.
Old 09-11-2020, 02:38 PM

Hi, I was having similar issues. Fixed my artist mix & control from dropping out of Eucon, and not connecting by logging into my hardwired router and refreshing the DHCP. I also set my Duplex to 100mb half speed. It helped lag time and sped up my communication from control surfaces to my mac. Hope this helps.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:45 PM

i just finished setting up my Mac Pro 2019 and it's also not seeing my Avid Artist mix... I even tried a different USB C Thunderbolt dongle and it didn't see that either. Been working fine every day before then on my 2018 Macbook Pro.

Any solutions? I'm not using a router so not sure the above solution will work for me, but I might try find one and see if that gets it going...
Old 09-12-2020, 09:16 AM

Managed to get this working. You need a network/gigabit switch and presto it'll get working. I picked up a $16 one from Home Depot and was away in no time. Hope that helps someone.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:11 PM

Hello, just read your solution. Mine now works only when I have the wif on my computer turned off. Once I turn on wifi, I loose connection with both artist mix & control.

I just ordered the gigabyte/ethernet switch. Does this replace the router that connects my two control surfaces to my computer, or is placed in the chain?

Please advise if you have a free moment. Thank you, Jeff

(TP-Link 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch - Ethernet Splitter)
Old 11-14-2020, 07:33 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphaudio View Post
Hello, just read your solution. Mine now works only when I have the wif on my computer turned off. Once I turn on wifi, I loose connection with both artist mix & control.

I just ordered the gigabyte/ethernet switch. Does this replace the router that connects my two control surfaces to my computer, or is placed in the chain?

Please advise if you have a free moment. Thank you, Jeff

(TP-Link 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch - Ethernet Splitter)
Why do you need WiFi and an ethernet connection? This is not necessary if they both go back to the router.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:44 AM

The install manual illustrated using a router with one or more control surface. I have the wifi turned off and am just using the routing portion for ethernet inputs, then the router out, to my macbook pro ethernet in.

It would be great news if I don't have to use it anymore....

As you have solved for your setup, just use the gigabyte switch? I am using the artist control and artist mix together.

Much thanks for your help!
Jeff
Old 11-14-2020, 07:52 AM
Avid

Quote:
The install manual illustrated using a router with one or more control surface. I have the wifi turned off and am just using the routing portion for ethernet inputs, then the router out, to my macbook pro ethernet in.

It would be great news if I don't have to use it anymore....

As you have solved for your setup, just use the gigabyte switch? I am using the artist control and artist mix together.

Much thanks for your help!
Jeff
I'm the Avid Control Surfaces Product Manager/Designer. The router is all you need. Plug the Artist Control, Mix and Computer into that. Turn off Wi-Fi on the Mac. If you ever need to use the Avid Control App (iPad/Android, Fire) then turn Wi-Fi on the Router (not the Mac)
Old 11-14-2020, 08:05 AM

Thank you very much. I will try that today. The only concern is when I use Pro Tools and I need to be online for authentication and to access the Avid Store or Portal App, I would need to switch to the internet wifi, from the computer wifi router. (I can deal with that though, thank you very much)

Side note, User agoraphobia advised he got everything to work with a gigabyte switch, is this something to use as an alternative, or do not explore further.

(agoraphobia Re: Artist Mix + New MacPro - Failure To Communicate
Managed to get this working. You need a network/gigabit switch and presto it'll get working.)

All good, and appreciate your help!

Jeff
Old 11-14-2020, 08:14 AM
Avid

Quote:
Thank you very much. I will try that today. The only concern is when I use Pro Tools and I need to be online for authentication and to access the Avid Store or Portal App, I would need to switch to the internet wifi, from the computer wifi router. (I can deal with that though, thank you very much)

Side note, User agoraphobia advised he got everything to work with a gigabyte switch, is this something to use as an alternative, or do not explore further.

(agoraphobia Re: Artist Mix + New MacPro - Failure To Communicate
Managed to get this working. You need a network/gigabit switch and presto it'll get working.)

All good, and appreciate your help!

Jeff
If you need Internet, connect the Router to your Internet Modem using the WAN port