Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2010, 05:42 PM

Unhappy strike crashed

I recently lost my ilok key and replaced it I paid to have my liceneses released from Avid and they are now on my ilok again but the strike program tells me it is not correct and cant find a key on the ilok. I click on buy license and it takes me to a screen to activate with card or go online... I have tried all options but none of them let me enter my key. I have tried the offline and online licensing options and it gives me a challenge code that you cant decipher... it is all jsut a bunch of words... I have no idea what to do with it. I try to copy the challenge or open a response.. .but the mac keeps freezing at that point forcing me to shut it down with the power button in a hard reset. I would like to remove it then reinstall it but I keep getting errors when trying to do so. I followed instructions I found online but after completing those and attempting to reinstall from the disks I get a message that a newer version is already installed. I just need some help in correctly removing Strike so I can reinstall it from scratch and run updates.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:08 AM

Default Re: strike crashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappatoad View Post
I recently lost my ilok key and replaced it I paid to have my liceneses released from Avid and they are now on my ilok again but the strike program tells me it is not correct and cant find a key on the ilok. I click on buy license and it takes me to a screen to activate with card or go online... I have tried all options but none of them let me enter my key. I have tried the offline and online licensing options and it gives me a challenge code that you cant decipher... it is all jsut a bunch of words... I have no idea what to do with it. I try to copy the challenge or open a response.. .but the mac keeps freezing at that point forcing me to shut it down with the power button in a hard reset. I would like to remove it then reinstall it but I keep getting errors when trying to do so. I followed instructions I found online but after completing those and attempting to reinstall from the disks I get a message that a newer version is already installed. I just need some help in correctly removing Strike so I can reinstall it from scratch and run updates.
Hi,

You can manually remove the strike plugin from the plugins folder..

system drive/library/app support/digidesign/plugins.

Once removed from the plugs folder you will need to trash the prefs to remove strike from the plugin cache!!

use this app to delete the prefs..

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=190122

Remember you will have to reset ALL your prefs again !!!!

It sounds like the version of strike you have installed does not match the version you have on your ilok!! i assume the replacement ilok auth is for the latest version, so check you are trying to install the latest version as well.

you will need to have you original installer to install the program and sound files etc, then run the latest update from the updates page..

http://secure.digidesign.com/service...&localeCode=en

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:53 AM

Ok... I now see that when they reloaded my keys onto my ilok... I now have a version 1.5 auth key for strike... the problem is that I never had 1.5 on my computer. I was only up to 1.3 .... so next question is how do I obtain a download of an upgrade to 1.5? I ahve my original stike install disks but that is only version 1.1 and I did all of the upgrades and CS packs to 1.3 but never had 1.5. I dont see a version 1.5 downloader on the Avid site.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
how do I obtain a download of an upgrade to 1.5?
Is the Strike 1.5 download link in your Avid Audio Account? If not I'd follow up your contact with Avid Audio to also send you a link for Strike 1.5.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:09 AM

there is no link... this is all it says:

iLok id: pappatoad 06/21/08
Licenses: Strike
Please visit www.ilok.com to retrieve your licenses!
No download available. This product is a code only, or available on your purchased discs.

I severly hate calling avid... they make me pay $40 each time to get help... I already paid the $40 to get the support to get my iLok released... now this. .they are going to charge me again just to get it working correctly. I miss the days of Digidesign when they gave you 90 days free support when you purchased a new product. Not a one time call.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:13 AM

Do you have Strike 1.5 asset listed with all the other assets on iLok.com?
Old 12-28-2010, 11:16 AM

yes I do ... I checked again this morning and my iLok account says it is Strike 1.5
Old 12-28-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
yes I do ... I checked again this morning and my iLok account says it is Strike 1.5
Right, have you synced and downloaded the Strike 1.5 asset to your USB iLok?
Old 12-28-2010, 11:27 AM

yes... that is where my versioning issues are... I have 1.0.3 installed on the computer... and the version showing on my iLok shows 1.5. I never received any upgrade information or anything so I am not sure why I have a version 1.5 license when I never purchased 1.5. I am on hold with Avid licensing now trying to get this figured out. he is talking to their iLok dept to see what happened.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:28 AM

I also checked my account at the digi store... no available downloads there.