Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 07:41 AM

Default Re: FAST! Software In Use With Pro-Tools 12 -Video links

Well,
I was very impressed when I tried Fast! on my old office laptop(i3) at work
When I installed Fast! on my office pc at home(my old studio pc btw), it didnt do much good, and I decided to unintall the program.
And after that my pc became really sluggish. Some simple commands suddenly needs up to 20 seconds to execute.

My c: drive is a SSD, but I can hear the two HDD,s work hard when there is no reason they should...
Before I installed Fast! this was not a problem.
And getting phonecalls from the salespersonel was also a little annoying.
So I will not reccomend the software!
Old 06-06-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi68 View Post
Well,
When I installed Fast! on my office pc at home(my old studio pc btw), it didnt do much good, and I decided to unintall the program.
And after that my pc became really sluggish. Some simple commands suddenly needs up to 20 seconds to execute.

My c: drive is a SSD, but I can hear the two HDD,s work hard when there is no reason they should...
I am still benefiting greatly from both Fast! and Process Lasso in conjunction with an already slick and fast PC system; Fast! is flawless and has increased my productivity using Pro-Tools for the last month with no discernible problems. I have now upgraded my Pro-Tools system by purchasing Console 1 by Softube which has completely changed the way I was working and I am no longer now considering moving to Harrison Mixbus as Pro-Tools is finally performing as I always wanted it to.

As far as Fast! etc. not working for other users on this forum, I reiterate my position - I introduced it on to these forums so others might benefit, if they wished, in the same way that I am in my workflow. If either Fast! or Process Lasso fail to perform adequately for other users/on other computer systems, it is a shame but really not my responsibility - it may be prudent to contact the product support at Fast! and Process Lasso and see if they can help so that you can reap the undoubted benefits I continue to enjoy.

As for me, I certainly would not want to take a retrograde step and uninstall either of the two apps under scrutiny and I shall continue using them as and until such time that either of them causes and kind of issue which is impediment rather than advantage.

As for Fast! making their marketing calls, I wasn't too pleased at the time either however they are vindicated in that they actually saved money for me by making the lifetime subscription offer; Process Lasso (Bitsum Tech) is free with the caveat of a start-up time out "nag" which increases over time the longer the software is not registered so I will probably have to purchase it at some point, but that isn't really an issue as it has significantly improved my PC's performance in helping to schedule CPU tasks, in conjunction with Fast! that just works and that's it really, job done!
Old 06-06-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi68 View Post
Well,

My PC also slowed down after installing Fast! and Pro Tools was sluggish too. I also wasn't impressed with the attitude I got when I was called by someone from the company. Rolled back to the image I made before installing Fast! and carried on. As always, YMMV, so some will have a good experience and others won't. Try before you buy and backup before you install.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 06-06-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
My PC also slowed down after installing Fast! and Pro Tools was sluggish too. I also wasn't impressed with the attitude I got when I was called by someone from the company. Rolled back to the image I made before installing Fast! and carried on. As always, YMMV, so some will have a good experience and others won't. Try before you buy and backup before you install.
Not being funny here but the only reason you got the same call as I got was that you had installed the demo and then decided to purchase Fast! on the evidence of it working with the demo so don't give the wrong impression out here that anyone and everyone who is interested in achieving the same results I have on my system and decides to install the Fast! demo is going to receive an unsolicited phone call.

I reiterate; once and for all for all the sceptics and clever-men, I posted videos of the results of improved performance of Pro-Tools after I purchased the full version of Fast! Take a look at those videos and make your own mind up. Mine is completely satisfied with the improvements. If you are not seeing those improvements, it could be down to a plethora of factors in O/S type, CPU, RAM etc. My system is an i7 6700 @3.4GHz and 32 GB RAM running WIN 10 latest build and a bang up to date Pro-Tools build, and my system is lean, mean and well maintained in respect of regular routine maintenance and back-ups every other day or so with AOMEI.

As I said above, contact Fast! at their support and have a nice friendly chat and remember it could be YOUR bad attitude that apparently reciprocated when you actually invited the phone call by going through the purchase procedure, as I did make reference to the call I got and admittedly nearly put the phone down on. I am glad I didn't because I would not exchange my system now for any fast (no pun intended) MAC or otherwise and uninstalling Fast! would slow down my system, and although still fast enough for any normal use I'd most probably be back in the land of -9173 every 5 minutes and that is considerably worse than having a convivial chat to a guy in Singapore who is only doing his job selling product he and his company believe in, and I endorse them whole-heartedly without reservation nor apology, nor idiotic juvenile grumbling.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:50 PM

Sorry, not the case. I downloaded the demo and had not made any decision to purchase the product. That phone call was completely UNSOLICITED. And it was not a guy, it was a woman.

I'm happy your experience has been good with Fast!, mine was not and apparently there are others who have had a negative experience as well. I have not criticized you for your opinion of the product, so please don't come back at me for mine.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 06-07-2017, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinaston View Post
Well we can argue the toss but I didn't have to give my phone number for the demo and at the end of the day, you're still where you were and that can't have been adequate otherwise you would not have even considered downloading the Fast! demo.

What pisses me about you Mr Weed and that other clever dick having a go at my benevolence is you're just the normal breed of keyboard warrior trying to play one-upmanship instead of getting with the program and fully investigating something that might be beneficial, because you'd rather start arguing than be constructive and trying to denigrate me for having taken the time out here to help all those suffering the interminable -9173.

Good luck wi that, I'm in a better place, you ain't and that's probably down to your system being somehow deficient and yer attitude being the way it is, offensive. Could be that weed bro, stay off it.
This is rude and uncalled for. This thread should be closed.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:11 AM

insults and name calling removed.

Get civil and back on topic please.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Closed Thread