Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2009, 05:34 PM

Default pt le 8 - after install it doesn't like plus ins, including it's own

hi there

i just loaded up pro tools le 8, cs2, on my machine with an mbox. it's an intel mac, os 10.5.7. plenty of ram and such. tried the install in two machines, got the same result on both.

upon first launch of pro tools, it comes up with a huge list of rejected plus ins that it wants to move to another folder. some of these plug ins are ones that it installed. i did a clean removal of the older version of pt on my system before loading this in today, so it ought not be an issue of older plug ins. just a bit baffled as to why the stock plugs ins are amongst those getting a rejection from pro tools 8 le on my machine.

oh, of course, all software on my machine is full, real, and legal. i hate that pirate [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]. so i've paid for all of this software and do expect it to work. so, this seems odd to get this trouble right from the get go after an install. this isn't so much a usage question as an install question right now.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Avid

Default Re: pt le 8 - after install it doesn't like plus ins, including it's own

Can you be specific about which plug-ins it's asking about?

Keep in mind that the installer includes plug-ins that may be part of an optional bundle - the installers should indicate that they are paid options, though.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:32 PM

Default Re: pt le 8 - after install it doesn't like plus ins, including it's own

error is

pro tools could not load the following plug ins either because no valid authorization was found the ilok key was not connected, or the plug in was damaged.

the list of plug ins given in this dialogue box is huge. it looks like it's listing all of my plug ins. the ilok is connected, and all of these work fine in other applications like DP and Peak Pro.

it asks if it should move them all to the plus ins (unused) folder.

all of the plug ins listed are .dpm type. many of them seem to be the ones installed by pro tools. they include all of the uad plug ins, the time adjust, shift, comp, signal generator and signal tools, reverse dc removal, reaktor, psp vintagewarmer, a room rtas, xpand, and others.

i'm not sure why all right from the get go so many plug ins seem to be rejected. the same plug ins are working fine on the same computer in the other audio programs.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:35 PM

it doesn't seem to see my waves plug ins. maybe there is more from waves that i have to install for use with pro tools - i probably only have the au versions in or something.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:01 AM

i'm not sure how i'd even troubleshoot this at this point. i could use any help.

is there any way these files could be damaged? i wouldn't expect so after a fresh install.

are any other people having trouble with these plug ins?

i'd just like to know how to start looking into this. it is an odd error to get at first launch of the program.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Avid

Quote:
i'd just like to know how to start looking into this
The list of plug-ins it's asking may be long, but could you grace us with at least an abbreviated version of the list, so we can know exactly what we're working with?

First off, I'd compare what it's asking about against the actual authorizations on your iLok. Log into the iLok website, sync your iLok and view the auths - do you have auths on there for the plug-ins it's asking for? If not - that's the reason it would ask for them. Keep in mind that there are installers for plug-ins on the installer DVD that are optional and must be purchased to get an authorization.