How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 05-07-2020, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Kontakt 6 in PT - unable to create Stereo outputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Are you sure you're doing it exactly like the video? Assigning ascending MIDI channels in PT? Then assigning the audio inputs on other than the instrument track holding Kontakt to the additional audio outputs from Kontakt? I know the procedure works because I just tried it on my system that's listed on my profile page. When you dropped the aggregate audio setup did you make sure the Apollo was selected as the audio interface? You are using all stereo instrument channels right?
The only step I am not doing is the one where the batch function to set output and channels,, because in my case it prompts me if I really want to merge to single instrument output.... Unless you tell me I have to go through this ?
Old 05-07-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Are you sure you're doing it exactly like the video? Assigning ascending MIDI channels in PT? Then assigning the audio inputs on other than the instrument track holding Kontakt to the additional audio outputs from Kontakt? I know the procedure works because I just tried it on my system that's listed on my profile page. When you dropped the aggregate audio setup did you make sure the Apollo was selected as the audio interface? You are using all stereo instrument channels right?
The only step I am not doing is the one where the batch function to set output and channels,, because in my case it prompts me if I really want to merge to single instrument output.... Unless you tell me I have to go through this ?

UPDATE
: YES ! Indeed, I HAD to do that step... Not sure I understand why undoing this made it work. All outputs are ascending, MIDI are ascending. Playback is now working. Now I'm yet trying to figure out why instead of reading ''kontakt ...." I'm reading name of the first instrument on top (DRUM LAB)... - even though all instruments playing back are theh ones I have in place... Talk about something intuitive...
Nevertheless, I owe you one my friend, for asking if I was doing every step :) I was almost going nuts after several days searching the issue. Thanks a lot!
Old 05-07-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanstrad View Post

UPDATE
: YES ! Indeed, I HAD to do that step... Not sure I understand why undoing this made it work. All outputs are ascending, MIDI are ascending. Playback is now working. Now I'm yet trying to figure out why instead of reading ''kontakt ...." I'm reading name of the first instrument on top (DRUM LAB)... - even though all instruments playing back are theh ones I have in place... Talk about something intuitive...
Nevertheless, I owe you one my friend, for asking if I was doing every step :) I was almost going nuts after several days searching the issue. Thanks a lot!
Glad it worked out for you. Kontakt output routing isn't the most intuitive thing out there. Couple that with the thing of some of their advice isn't quite as they make it out to be. I'm liking that batch function versus the old way of creating a special output.cfg file for things. I spent the better part of 4 hours a few years back creating an 8 stereo out and 16 stereo output.cfg file for Kontakt 5. I still have it for Kontakt 6 and have the 16 output setup a my default when working in PT.

I wonder how many stereo outs one can have with this new batch option. For quite a while Kontakt would only allow 8 stereo outs in PT but I found a way to have 16 stereo outs.

If you have any more questions about Kontakt give me a shout-out and I may be able to help. I don't know it all but know quite a bit. Oh and forget about trying to get any tech help from NI - they are totally clueless on how their stuff works with PT. ONce asked for help using their plugins with AudioSuite and they had no clue what AS even was

QAPLA!