Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 04-11-2020, 09:32 PM

Default Unable to record signal - Native Instruments (Kontakt)

I've watched some videos to solve this, followed basic stuff from Universal Audio Apollo X4 forum, as expected nothing very useful from NI themselves.

Wonder what I may be doing wrong: I set an Instrument track in PT (stereo), select an instrument in Kontakt, I just want to record it live, I *hear* the instrument, I *see* signal in PT (moving fader as I play), of course I arm both the track and transport bar, I hit play, but I end up with an empty track - it's tracing a colored track but nothing records there, nothing playback after.

I've been using succesfully AIR instruments in other projects without any problem; in this one, I do have a ''Boom'' track.

But Kontakt: no way I can get the track printed!
Old 04-12-2020, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Unable to record signal - Native Instruments (Kontakt)

So after you record on an instrument track using an air instrument, if you switch the plug in to Kontakt and load a selection, it doesn’t playback then either? Make sure you also change the VI assignment at the top of the track view. What else have you tried? Recording MIDI on an instrument track shouldn’t have anything to do with which VI you have instantiated.
PT 2021.10 Ultimate HDX, Dual Slate Raven MTi2, HD IO 16x16, Mac Pro 6.1 2013 on Mojave 10.14.6, 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, Neve 1073OPX(2), Slate VSX, Focal Solo Be6, Roland V-Drums, DW drums, too many VI’s and plug ins to mention.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingrockstudios View Post
So after you record on an instrument track using an air instrument, if you switch the plug in to Kontakt and load a selection, it doesn’t playback then either? Make sure you also change the VI assignment at the top of the track view. What else have you tried? Recording MIDI on an instrument track shouldn’t have anything to do with which VI you have instantiated.
Yes. Sometimes PT doesn't follow when you change the vi in use. Long standing issue.

To the op:
Are you using the latest version of Kontakt 6? Check with NI's Native Access to make sure.

QAPLA!
Old 05-03-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Yes. Sometimes PT doesn't follow when you change the vi in use. Long standing issue.

To the op:
Are you using the latest version of Kontakt 6? Check with NI's Native Access to make sure.
Sounds like I can get it to work. Now facing another issue trying to create 16 stereo outputs and just getting surround outputs... Will post a different thread.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
... I *hear* the instrument, I *see* signal in PT ... but I end up with an empty track - it's tracing a colored track but nothing records there
I didn't see a solution. I'm having the same trouble. I hope you'll let me know how you solved it. Thanks.
Focusrite 2i2 interface
Old 12-29-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Monty_D3 View Post
I didn't see a solution. I'm having the same trouble. I hope you'll let me know how you solved it. Thanks.
Can you open the MIDI edit window on the VI track and manually insert notes? Does that playback with the VI sound then?
PT 2021.10 Ultimate HDX, Dual Slate Raven MTi2, HD IO 16x16, Mac Pro 6.1 2013 on Mojave 10.14.6, 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, Neve 1073OPX(2), Slate VSX, Focal Solo Be6, Roland V-Drums, DW drums, too many VI’s and plug ins to mention.