Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2002, 07:29 PM

Default Can\'t hear myself prior to the punch

Hi,

I am using a 002. I select the "quick-punch" option. The tracks are playing and I am going to be punching the Vox track. I want to be able to hear the live vocals prior to the actual punch. I know this can be done but I am not sure how. Can someone help me out?

Also, maybe it's just lack of technique, but on my punch (using quick punch method) I often hear what sounds to be a digital click. Other times it's clear as can be. Is there somthing I am doing wrong?

Thanks guys/gals,
Jesse
Old 10-13-2002, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Can\'t hear myself prior to the punch

Set up an aux channel to the same input as the mic. This way you can hear what you're singing. It should work the same way with a mic input as it does with an instrument input. I actually discovered this by accident, because I could never hear anything unless the record was inabled. Then one day unbeknowns to me, I had an aux track with the same input as my keyboard, and I could hear it even without the rec being on, and while every thing else was playing. This made it cool, cause I could try nore ideas on the fly. I'm sure this is one way to do it
Old 10-13-2002, 08:14 PM

Try selecting "INPUT ONLY MONITORING" in the software.

Download free music at
http://www.nukmusic.com
nEVER uNDERESTIMATE kNOWLEDGE
Old 10-13-2002, 09:50 PM

as far as the click when punching in is concerned.

under Setups/preferences/editing......at the bottom of the window set quickpunch crossfade length to 5 ms. this will eliminate the click. make sure this is set everytime when you start a new session and should be the first thing (and really the only thing) you need to check if you experience this click again.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:30 AM

thanks everyone. You have solved my problems