Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2022, 03:26 PM

Default "Error 401: You have been signed out. You can try signing in later."

Hey guys. So I've been working on a project and for some reason, all of a sudden, my project keeps abrubtly closing, with the following message: "Error 401: You have been signed out. You can try signing in later."

No idea why this is happenig. Everything was fine with previous projects and this is a project I worked on before without issues. Is there any way to fix this? I also noticed that even when I save my project, if I had EQ with a certain set of settings on one of my tracks, the EQ settings would be different when getting back into the project.

Also, this may or may not point to the issue but I tried to save like the second time this happened in a row and it wouldn't let me and said something about line 86 or something. I provided screenshots below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 6.09.31 PM.jpg (18.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 6.09.20 PM.jpg (22.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-01-2022, 08:07 AM

Default Re: "Error 401: You have been signed out. You can try signing in later."

Instead of creating "Projects", create "Sessions". Projects live in the cloud and sessions live on your local drive(where you really want them). If you can figure out how, when you are able to open your projects, resave them(or maybe "save copy") via the FILE menu and save to your hard drive.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM

Default Re: "Error 401: You have been signed out. You can try signing in later."

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Instead of creating "Projects", create "Sessions". Projects live in the cloud and sessions live on your local drive(where you really want them). If you can figure out how, when you are able to open your projects, resave them(or maybe "save copy") via the FILE menu and save to your hard drive.
Hm.. I thought I was saving them as sessions. I only used to word "project" to describe the sessions. I'm a bit confused. How do I know if I'm saving it as a "project" as opposed to a "session?" Thanks for the help.
Old 02-02-2022, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziak View Post
Hm.. I thought I was saving them as sessions. I only used to word "project" to describe the sessions. I'm a bit confused. How do I know if I'm saving it as a "project" as opposed to a "session?" Thanks for the help.
If the files are in the cloud, its a project. With a session, you don't need an internet connection at all, UNLESS you are using iLok Cloud(which might be your problem). Personally, I rarely ever use iLok Cloud and prefer to use a physical iLok plugged into a USB port. Using the cloud requires a 100% perfect internet connection, and its amazing how often that glitches(the smallest glitch will stop you dead in your tracks....pun intended)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-02-2022, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
If the files are in the cloud, its a project. With a session, you don't need an internet connection at all, UNLESS you are using iLok Cloud(which might be your problem). Personally, I rarely ever use iLok Cloud and prefer to use a physical iLok plugged into a USB port. Using the cloud requires a 100% perfect internet connection, and its amazing how often that glitches(the smallest glitch will stop you dead in your tracks....pun intended)
Well that explains a lot of the glitch issues I've been having. But I need a physical iLok key in order to have offline sessions? How should I go about resaving my projects to sessions?