Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2016, 12:33 PM

Default How do I remove/delete a Song Project?

That's the question? Can't find anything in the Manual??

How do I remove/delete a Song Project in PT10?

Thanks
Old 05-21-2016, 02:51 PM

Default Re: How do I remove/delete a Song Project?

Go into the drive that you recorded the session in, find the session folder, delete it. And it's gone forever.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsongs View Post
That's the question? Can't find anything in the Manual??

How do I remove/delete a Song Project in PT10?

Thanks
Hi Larsongs ,
I'm guessing you might be a newbie , so just a helping 'heads up' reminder since your asking this question ...,

Have you considered your backing up responsibilities ?

At least 3 versions of your project should exist on different drives before you should begin to feel adequately safe ..., It'll be a shame for you to have a hard drive (etc) go down and all your hard work with it.

Here is a useful article I saw today called > How To Consolidate Pro Tools Sessions Ready For Archiving

- Link To Article ; http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...eid=18bf33376c
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 05-22-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
Go into the drive that you recorded the session in, find the session folder, delete it. And it's gone forever.
After a few years I still feel like a Newby!!! The Learning Curve seems infinite to me!!!! There's always some new thing I've never experienced before & have to learn how to do whatever it is. No amount of reading or watching You Tubes or whatever makes me feel like I'm a Pro at Pro Tools. You guys are amazing who are.

I was doing that & dragging them to Trash but unknowing they kept reappearing? Not realizing they were still there I'd create a new session for that song only to find out I was adding another & another & another. I think I had 4 duplicates of the same new session. I did it like 4-5 times?

I finally called Sweetwater Tech Support & did a remote with them. He did exactly the same thing I did & it worked?????

Not sure what I was missing as I've removed Songs before????

It's ok now.

Thanks all,