Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2002, 10:45 PM

Default MIDI feature requests

Dearest Digi software pioneers....

the midi tempo/meter/measure features are a lot more stable than they were when we first got them. Thank you, they don't seem to crash my system anymore and I can even create tempo events on a beat other than 1.

But now I want more. Please. Here are some things I am dying for (I'm sure other people have ideas too.)

1. A true conductor track with the ability to create smooth tempo changes. I'd love it if you had an Opcode-style interface ("change smoothly from ___ bpm at bar ___ to ___ bpm at bar ___" with maybe a few different curve shapes for fine tuning the change.) You could do a hack job on this, I don't care if the resolution was only beat by beat... I have to sit there sometimes and plug in 30 values for an effective ritard... and that's exactly the kind of work people invented computers for....

2. A targeted tempo change menu which would allow you to target certain SMPTE points or markers. Something that could calculate and apply a tempo at a defined beat which would result in a second defined beat landing on a defined SMPTE value. Numbers please, just nice white fields that I can type numbers into. I don't need any colored graphics or whatnot. Leave that to MOTU.

Ok, that's the worst of it for me. I would love to see something like DP's Quickscribe too but I know that's probably asking too much. God knows no one reads music these days. Wouldn't it be cool if plug-in manufacturers could add things like that to the platform? I would pay $1000 for integrated notation that rocked.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:57 AM

Default Re: MIDI feature requests

A true conductor track is CRUCIAL. Not being able to do simple smooth retards or accel. without typing in dozens of tempo changes is crazy. Please implement this ASAP.

Thank you.
1 TB PCIe flash storage
Pro Tools Ultimate HD 2023.6
HD Native Thunderbolt