Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Sending files over the internet

Hello everyone I'm new here, just picked up my 002r a couple of weeks ago and I must say I'm loving pro-tools. My question is me and one of my writing partners have been racking our brain trying to figure out how to send our session files via the internet. When I do get my file to go through he says he can't open it our the files corrupted. Is it necessary to have digidelivery in order for us to share our work or is there another way. Any help would be gladly appreciated.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:04 AM

Default Re: Sending files over the internet

FLAC (for the audio), winRar(to make a single or spanned file), and yousendit.com(to send it)
Old 05-14-2005, 09:30 AM

Digidelivery!
Old 05-14-2005, 09:39 AM

At this point I can't afford the digidelivery server. Tried you send it but it seems like everytime my patrner get's the file it won't work.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:05 PM

Quote:
At this point I can't afford the digidelivery server. Tried you send it but it seems like everytime my patrner get's the file it won't work.
You need to Stuff the file first with YouSendIt. Did you try that?
Old 05-14-2005, 01:05 PM

Quote:
You need to Stuff the file first with YouSendIt. Did you try that?
Old 05-15-2005, 10:27 PM

I zipped my files up and sent them. My partner gets the session but not the wave's. And we've been using you send it.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Hello everyone I'm new here, just picked up my 002r a couple of weeks ago and I must say I'm loving pro-tools. My question is me and one of my writing partners have been racking our brain trying to figure out how to send our session files via the internet. When I do get my file to go through he says he can't open it our the files corrupted. Is it necessary to have digidelivery in order for us to share our work or is there another way. Any help would be gladly appreciated.
What I sugest is a .mac.com account. for $250/year you can get a gig of storage on their site, whic you can then share out as you see fit. emailing songs isn't a gret way to go, because mosst email prgrams limit the size of the ffile you can atach to 10 meg or so.

-Todd A.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:46 PM

Quote:

What I sugest is a .mac.com account. for $250/year you can get a gig of storage on their site, whic you can then share out as you see fit. emailing songs isn't a gret way to go, because mosst email prgrams limit the size of the ffile you can atach to 10 meg or so.

-Todd A.
$250/year is an awful lot of money for 1gig of storage. Look into any web hosting provider, you can get at least a gig or more for quite a bit less. Use FTP for transferring the files. I was using zftp.com for a while. I think it was $8/mo or so for 1gig of storage. It help to ZIP your sessions, that way it's just one file to upload and download. ZIP won't really make your file a whole lot smaller, just more convenient.

Practice Your Mixing Skills
Download Our Multi-Track Masters
www.Raw-Tracks.com
Old 05-20-2005, 05:42 PM

if you guys want a good reliable company for hosting, check out www.a2hosting.com I have never found a company that reliable as these guys. I was reffered by a friend that hosts a game server and uses their stuff for games. It works well for sessions though. Just would reccomend HSI for uploading and downloading of course.